Students working at a desk with a laptop

International student visas and your sandwich placement

Sandwich placements are a great opportunity for International students to gain professional UK work experience.

If you’re an international student that requires a visa to study in the UK and you’d like to undertake a Bristol Business School sandwich year placement:

  • You will remain on a student visa, rather than a work visa for the duration of your sandwich year.
  • You will be able to earn a salary for your placement, which will be paid by your sandwich employer.   
  • You are likely to need to extend your visa before you start a sandwich year and you will need to pay visa renewal/extension fees. The application may need to be made in your home country so will include the cost of return travel to your home country.

Our Immigration Advisers will be able to advise you on what you need to do about visas if you wish to add a sandwich year, even before you accept your offer to study with us.

View more information about visas and immigration.

Back to top