We accept a wide range of qualifications and experience at UWE Bristol.
Minimum entry requirements
Honours degree courses
- You usually need two A-levels or equivalent, such as a BTEC Diploma or Extended Diploma; International Baccalaureate; Irish Highers or Access to Higher Education Diploma.
- You usually need one A-level, or equivalent.
If you have not received your exam results, your offer from us will be conditional and will be subject to you achieving the tariff points/grades required for your course. If you have already satisfied the academic entry requirements of your chosen course, you are likely to be made an unconditional offer. Please note that we will only make unconditional offers if you have already achieved your qualifications. To make sure our applicants are academically prepared for when they start their studies here, we do not make unconditional offers to those that are still studying their Level 3 qualifications (such as A-levels, BTEC, Access or equivalent). We hope that this will encourage our applicants to value their academic achievements as much as we do.
- We use the UCAS Tariff system to make offers to applicants. You can use the UCAS Tariff table to convert your qualifications and grades into points.
- General Studies and AS-Level subjects (not taken onto full A2) can be included towards your overall tariff score.
- For some courses we require specific subjects and grades. These are listed on each course entry.
If you do not meet our standard requirements
We welcome students who are undertaking other qualifications for example, the Extended Project and AS Levels not taken onto the full A-level. We will include these in your total Tariff point score.
However, we also encourage you to enquire about our courses even if you do not meet our standard entry requirements.
We will consider your evidence of personal, professional and educational experience which demonstrates your ability to study at degree level. However, this may not be possible if the course has a specific A-level (or equivalent) subject requirement.
If you do not have a the GCSE requirement for your course and are unable to take a GCSE qualification, we will recognised equivalent qualifications such as those provided by www.equivalencytesting.com. Please note that UWE Bristol does not accept Key Skills or Functional Skills at Level 2 as an equivalent qualification.
If you have any questions about our entry requirements, please contact our Admissions team and we can discuss your application.
We welcome enquiries and applications from international applicants. To find out more about our entry requirements, choose one of the options below:
- Read our country specific information
- Contact your local British Council Office
- Visit the Education UK website
- Email us your CV at email@example.com, confirming which course your are interested in studying, the details of all your qualifications including the examining boards, and grades or scores gained.
Read more on our entry requirement policies:
- Admissions policy pdf.
- Statement on Changes to Qualifications in Schools and Colleges in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland pdf.
How to apply
View information and guidance about applying to study with us.