Making changes to an application

If there are any changes you'd like to make to your application, you may be able to make the change yourself in UCAS Track or contact our Admissions Team, who will be happy to help.

Changing your course

If you’d like to change course, we may be able to consider you for an alternative one, as long as places are still available and you meet the course entry requirements.  Email with full details of your preferred change and we’ll be happy to help you.

Deferring your place

We’ll try our best to accommodate your request for a deferral, however it’s not possible for all courses and you may be asked to reapply the following year.  If you’d like to defer please email briefly explaining your reasons.

Declining your place

If you don’t want to take up your place at UWE Bristol and would like to be withdrawn/released into Clearing, please email us at, and briefly explain your reasons and we will be happy to process this for you.

Changing your personal details

If you wish to make amendments to any of your personal details once you have submitted your UCAS application this should be done via UCAS as this will in turn update our systems here at UWE Bristol.

Being released into Clearing

You are able to self-release into Clearing by clicking the ‘Decline my place’ button in UCAS track. This means you will lose any offers you are currently holding and will be able to apply to another university through Clearing.

Back to top