Undergraduate application timeline
See below for our month-by-month guide to your application journey.
- Tuesday 15 January 2019 is the main UCAS deadline.
- If you have an offer for UWE Bristol you may be invited to attend an Offer Holder Day in February or March.
- Find out more about UWE Bristol accommodation and life at UWE Bristol.
- Monday 25 February - UCAS Extra opens – If you have used all five choices and you are not holding any offers, you might be able to add another choice. You can only add one extra option at a time and the system will close in early July. Find out more about applying via UCAS Extra.
- Late February – start applying for student funding.
- End of March: If you have already firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer from us for 2019 entry you can start applying for your accommodation.
- If you have not yet done so, make your first (firm) and second (insurance) choice.
- Thursday 2 May – Deadline for accepting your place with us for 2019 entry if you received all your decisions by 31 March.
- Full-time applicants now need to apply for UWE Bristol accommodation.
- Friday 3 May – If you applied by 15 January and you are still waiting, universities will decide whether they are making an offer by today (otherwise UCAS will decline the application on their behalf).
- Thursday 6 June - Reply to all of your UCAS offers by today if you received all decisions by Thursday 2 May.
- We send out offers for UWE Bristol accommodation.
- Thursday 20 June - Reply to all of your UCAS offers by today if you received all decisions by Thursday 6 June.
- Sunday 30 June – Last day you can apply to university for 2019 entry prior to Clearing. If you send your first application (not UCAS Extra) to UCAS by 18:00, they'll send it to your chosen university. After this date you enter Clearing.
- Thursday 4 July – Last date to apply in UCAS Extra.
- Friday 5 July – Clearing opens – If you don't have a university place, then you will be eligible for Clearing. If you already have your results you don't need to wait until August, you can contact universities before August. If they have vacancies, they'll take your details and either give you a decision straight away or very soon afterwards.
- BTEC and International Baccalaureate qualifications result period.
- Confirmation of your UWE Bristol accommodation.
- Thursday 11 July - Decisions from universities due regarding applications submitted by 30 June.
- Thursday 18 July - Deadline to reply to your offers if you receive all decisions by 11 July.
- Thursday 15 August – A-level results day – Confirmation of your place at UWE Bristol.
- Clearing – If you haven't met your first or insurance choice grades you can enter Clearing and contact universities for vacancies. If you've met or exceeded your grades you may be eligible for adjustment and have five calendar days to find an alternative place.
- UWE Bristol Clearing Open Days (dates to be confirmed) – If you receive an offer in Clearing you will be invited to attend one of our Clearing Open Days. You'll have the opportunity to talk to tutors about your course, meet current students and take part in a campus tour.
- If you've got a place at UWE Bristol you'll receive joining instructions this month.
- If you're holding an unconditional offer and have completed all admissions requirements you'll receive your UWE Bristol username so you can start to register online.
- Start putting your UCAS application together and write your personal statement for 2020 entry.
- Thursday 5 September - UCAS Apply opens for undergraduate applications for 2020 entry.
- Mid-September (dates to be confirmed) – UWE Bristol Welcome takes place. The official UWE Bristol Welcome will introduce you to student life at the University.
- From November onwards you may be invited to an interview before an offer is made (only for certain courses) at one of our selection events.
- You start receiving offers from universities for 2020 entry.