Undergraduate application timeline
See below for our month-by-month guide to your application journey.
- Thursday 5 - UCAS Apply opens for undergraduate applications for 2020 entry.
- Mid-September – UWE Bristol Welcome takes place. The official UWE Bristol Welcome will introduce you to student life at the university.
- Saturday 5 - Visit one of our campuses at our Open Day.
- From November onwards you may be invited to an interview before an offer is made (only for certain courses).
- Saturday 16 - Visit one of our campuses at our Open Day.
- You start receiving offers from universities for 2020 entry.
- Wednesday 15 is the main UCAS deadline.
- If you have an offer to study with us you may be sent an invite to attend an Offer Holder Day. Offer Holder Days take place in February or March.
- Attend an Offer Holder Day – your will have received an invite when you were made your offer.
- Tuesday 25 - UCAS Extra opens – If you have used all five choices and you are not holding any offers, you might be able to add another choice Find out more about applying via UCAS Extra.
- Late February – start applying for student funding.
- Attend an Offer Holder Day – you will have received an invite when you were made your offer.
- End of March - If you have already firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer from us for 2019 entry you can start applying for your accommodation. Accommodation is normal confirmed 6-8 weeks after applying.
- If you have not yet done so, make your first (Firm) and second (Insurance) choice.
- Full-time applicants now need to apply for UWE Bristol accommodation.
- Friday 3 – If you applied by 15 January and you are still waiting, universities will decide whether they are making an offer by today (otherwise UCAS will reject the application on their behalf). You will then be given a deadline by UCAS to make your decision. Check this in UCAS Track.
- Sunday 30 – Last day you can apply to university for 2020 entry prior to Clearing. If you send your first application (not UCAS Extra) to UCAS by 18:00, they'll send it to your chosen university. After this date you enter Clearing.
- Saturday 6 - Visit one of our campuses at our Open Day.
- Thursday 4 – Last date to apply in UCAS Extra.
- Friday 5 – Clearing opens for applications if you already have your results.
- Thursday 15 – A-level results day – we will confirm our decision by email.
- Clearing – If you haven't met your first or insurance choice grades you can enter Clearing and contact universities for vacancies. If you've met or exceeded your grades you may be eligible for Adjustment and have five calendar days to find an alternative place.
- Clearing Open Days (dates to be confirmed) – If you receive an offer in Clearing you will be invited to attend one of our Clearing Open Days. You'll have the opportunity to talk to tutors about your course, meet current students and take part in a campus tour.
- Once your place is confirmed and you have completed all admissions requirements you'll receive your username so you can start to register online.
- Mid-September (dates to be confirmed) – UWE Bristol Welcome takes place. The official UWE Bristol Welcome will complete your registration and introduce you to student life at the University.