After you apply
Read more about what to expect after you’ve applied to us.
Tracking your application
- When we receive your application from the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), we’ll email you to let you know.
- We’ll also email your login details for your UWE Welcome website, where you’ll be able to track your application’s progress. Make sure you check this regularly, as we’ll contact you there. Also, we recommend that you set firstname.lastname@example.org as a ‘trusted’ email source, so that you don’t miss any messages.
- You can also use UCAS Track to monitor the progress of your application, and reply to your offers.
Making a decision on your application
We’ll consider your application carefully and aim to let you
know our decision, or an update at least, usually within 14
Keep a look out for one the following messages that you’ll typically receive on your UWE Bristol Welcome website:
- Making you an offer - our offers are based on the UCAS tariff and if we make you an offer, you’ll see this both on the UWE Welcome website and UCAS Track.
- Further information request - we might need more information from you so that we can make a decision on your application. If you receive this request this through the UWE Welcome website, be sure to respond quickly to avoid any delays to your application.
- Interview invite - you may need to attend a course interview or selection event and if so, we’ll invite you via email. We aim to give you as much notice as possible and we’ll also guide you how to prepare for the day. Please note: You’ll only be able to view information about interviews on the UWE Welcome website and not on UCAS Track.
- Portfolio submissions - some courses (including most of our Creative Art courses) require you to submit a portfolio of work and if so, we’ll request this through our e-portfolio facility on the Welcome website. Remember to include your sketchbooks, notebooks, storyboards, contact sheets and process work as we're interested in seeing the research, development and motivation behind your ideas, as much as the final outcome.
Offers and confirmations
Find out about getting an offer and what to expect next.