After you've applied
Tracking your application
Once we receive your application we’ll email login details for your UWE Welcome website, where you’ll be able to track your application’s progress. Make sure you check this regularly, as we’ll send important information there.
We also recommend that you set email@example.com as a ‘trusted’ email source, so that you don’t miss any messages.
You can keep up to date on your application via UCAS Track but please be aware that not all changes will be reflected here so do keep checking your Welcome website.
Making a decision on your application
We’ll consider your application carefully and aim to let you know our decision, or an update at least, usually within 14 days. Please be aware that at busy times in the admissions cycle this may take longer.
Keep a look out for one the following messages that you’ll typically receive on your Welcome website:
- Making you an offer - our offers are based on the UCAS tariff and if we make you an offer, you’ll see this both on the UWE Welcome website and UCAS Track.
- Offered an alternative course - if you do not meet the entry criteria for the degree we may offer you a place on the foundation year which will mean you complete a year of Level 0 study before progressing onto the degree. If you have applied for the foundation year but meet the entry requirements for the degree, we will contact you before changing your offer to the degree.
- Further information request - we might need more information from you so that we can make a decision on your application. If you receive this request this through the Welcome website, be sure to respond quickly to avoid any delays to your application.
- Interview invite - you may need to attend an interview and if so, we’ll invite you via email. Please note: You’ll only be able to view information about interviews on the Welcome website and not on UCAS Track.
- Portfolio submissions - some courses require you to submit a portfolio of work and if so, we’ll request this through our e-portfolio facility on the Welcome website together with details of what is required.