Oxford Standard for the Citation Of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA)
How to reference using the OSCOLA standard. For students taking Law degrees only.
New to OSCOLA referencing?
How to format your references
Official OSCOLA guides
Authoritative guidance from the University of Oxford - the originators of the OSCOLA standard.
- Quick OSCOLA guide (4th edition)
- Full OSCOLA guide (4th edition)
- International Law Sources
- OSCOLA Ireland (2nd edition)
- Frequently asked questions about OSCOLA
Supplementary guidance not found in the official OSCOLA guides.
- A-Z of OSCOLA referencing examples
- COM/SEC documents
- Current law statutes (annotated)
- Neutral citations
- Home Office and other government publications
- Foreign law sources
- Photographs and other images
- Example 1 of a bibliography using the OSCOLA standard
- Example 2 of a bibliography using the OSCOLA standard
- Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations
- Citing the law:
referencing using OSCOLA tutorial
This interactive tutorial from Cardiff University will help you to become familiar with OSCOLA (4th ed.).
- OSCOLA workshops
- Ask a Librarian with 24/7 live chat
Library staff are happy to advise on referencing; however, they are unable to proof-read academic work.
Study skills events
There are currently no upcoming events
See more Study skills events