Writing and delivering a presentation
You may be required to make a formal presentation of your work either as an individual or as a member of a group.
Online advice and tutorials
How to improve the content of your presentation; improving your presentation style; and the value of preparation and practice.
(Source: Skills for Study website)
- Giving presentations
Advice on preparing your presentation and overcoming presentation anxiety.
(Source: UWE Bristol)
Creating an academic poster
This resource will help if you are producing a poster for a conference, tutorial, or a poster presentation for assessment.
(Source: UWE Bristol Library)
Reading list: creating academic posters
We've created a resource list of useful books, websites and tutorials to help you create academic posters.
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway” - this best-selling book by Susan Jeffers could help you to face your fears. Read it online or borrow a copy from our libraries.
Study skills events
- How to get started with critical writing
- How to critically appraise health information
- Scientific writing
- Lexis Library Basic Certification workshop
- How to put your reading into your writing
- How to search effectively: database searching and RefWorks
See more Study skills events