Find and evaluate information from UWE Bristol Library and online.
Online advice and tutorials
How to find books, articles, and other information - on the library shelves and online - for your assignments and research.
Finding information for specific subjects
Learn how to search subject-specific databases for information that can not be found through Google or the library search.
- Resources for your
Many of the library's subject pages have online tutorials offering specialist advice on finding information for your subject.
Not everything you find will be useful. You need to evaluate the objectivity, accuracy, authority, relevance and timeliness of the information you've found.
(See also the critical thinking page for help with: interpreting information, questioning assumptions, evaluating evidence and comparing hypotheses.)
Ask a Librarian with 24/7 live chat
Can't find what you're looking for? Try the 24/7 live chat service. You can also contact the Library by email or phone.
Study skills events
- Workshop: How to reference and avoid plagiarism
- How to make notes from your reading and lectures
- How to reference and avoid plagiarism
- Workshop: How to make notes from your reading and lectures
- Workshop: How to put your reading into your writing
- Workshop: Researching company information for an interview
See more Study skills events