Library workbooks for your Faculty
Tailored online library workbooks for your subject or your faculty.
Arts, Creative Industries and Education
- The City in Fiction and Film
- Early childhood online library workbook
- English Language subject online library workbook
- Initial Teacher Education online library workbook
- Media Culture and Communication online library workbook
- PGCE Primary and Secondary online library workbook
- Site analysis workbook (interior design) - a guide to useful resources for conducting a site analysis
- Visual culture workbook – A guide to improving your research and information skills
Business and Law
- Accounting and Finance workbook – This online workbook supports successful study in accounting and finance. It is designed to help find the best resources, and to use them effectively to access the information and data required to produce excellent assignments.
- Business library online workbook - This online workbook provides you with the essential study skills support that you will need to succeed on your business and management programme.
- Building legal information skills (BLIS) – Tutorials to facilitate legal research, aimed at new law students. Also includes more advanced subject areas such as European Union law, official publications, legal reform, and dissertation research.
- Employability – Law – An online tutorial for law students to research effectively to help you to get the job you want.
- How to research employers – An online tutorial for business students to research effectively to help you to get the job you want.
- Introduction to Business information skills tutorial (IBIS) – An online tutorial for business students providing a subject-specific introduction to UWE Bristol Library. This includes finding marketing or accounting information, and how to impress an employer.
- Law for non-lawyers library workbook
- Searching for Marketing information workbook – An online workbook which introduces some of the databases and best academic resources available for marketing and signposts to further help.
- Taxation information resources - An online tutorial which draws together the best resources available for the study of taxation with signposts to further help. This workbook is aimed at both Business and Law students studying taxation at UWE Bristol.
Environment and Technology
- Career skills: preparing for work for CSCT students
- FET dissertation and project support workbook – Find information and resources to help you develop the information skills you need to carry out your dissertation or project.
- FET Engineering dissertation and project support workbook – Find information and resources to help you develop the information skills you need to carry out your dissertation or project.
- FET online library workbook – Introduction to finding information using UWE Bristol Library resources.
- How to research employers (for FET students) - Improve your commercial awareness and better understand who you want to work for.
- Library support for students on placement
- Property data resources
- Technical report writing guide - Understand some of the conventions of technical report writing such as formatting and the use of technical data and language.
- UWE Bristol Library Services for distance learners
- Welcome to UWE Bristol Library Services (induction)
Health and Applied Sciences
- Department of Applied Sciences library workbook – Online guide for DAS students focusing on how to use the library and study more effectively.
- Department of Applied Sciences - library guide: Level 2 students – Online guide for level 2 students.
- Environmental health library workbook – Find and evaluate environmental health information using library search, subject databases and NICE evidence.
- HAS library online workbook
- HAS CPD students - Learn more about the critical reading and writing skills required when studying at Masters level.
- Health and Applied Sciences dissertation workbook - A step-by-step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation.
- Health and social care dissertation workbook – A step-by-step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation.
- Science communication workbook – An online workbook for Science Communication students introducing the resources and services the library can offer.
- Wildlife conservation library workbook
- Work-based learning workbook – For those in health and social care who are based outside the University.