UWE Bristol runs face-to-face sessions to help students develop their English language and academic skills.
Study skills support from the Library
If your query can't be answered immediately, you may be referred to:
- a study skills workshop
- online study-skills materials
- an English language workshop
You may also be offered an appointment with a specialist adviser. Appointments last around 20 minutes. When you are offered an appointment, please supply the following information:
- what is the problem you are having?
- what strategies have you already tried in order to address this?
- what is your timescale?
Although help can be provided in checking assignments and advising how to overcome problems, this does not constitute a proof-reading service. Further guidance on checking of assignments.
Study skills support from your faculty
Study support specialists in your faculty may also provide one-to-one support.
If you have any queries, please contact the library.
English language workshops
- Understanding your lectures
- Writing academic English: being formal
- Improve your pronunciation 2: Stress
- English Vocabulary for Architecture and the Built Environment
- Common grammatical errors
See more English language workshops