English language courses
Courses to improve general English language skills
There are three language courses:
- Writing and Grammar (six-week undergraduate course)
- Writing and Grammar (six-week postgraduate course)
- Advanced English Language (six-week course).
The Writing and Grammar courses are for any student who needs to improve their academic writing at university level. This does not directly cover reading, speaking, and listening skills, but focuses on the improvement of writing at university level.
Advanced English Language course:
If you want to improve reading, listening and speaking skills you will find the Advanced English Language course suitable. This course follows the Cambridge English: Advanced course.
You may attend both a Writing and Grammar course and an Advanced English Language course.
All courses are free, however you will be required to purchase a textbook for the Advanced English Language course.
Courses will start again in Semester one: 2018/19. Course schedules and information about how to register to attend a course will be available in September.
Please contact the library if you have any questions.
Study skills events
- How to make notes from your reading and lectures
- How to reference and avoid plagiarism
- How to plan and structure your writing
- How to put your reading into your writing
- How to get started with critical writing
- How to improve your critical writing
See more Study skills events