Useful links to further guidance and support available for disabled students.
- See further information from Gov.uk on Disabled Students’ Allowances.
- Download the Disabled Students’ Allowances application form from Gov.uk.
- Student Finance Direct produces a booklet 'Bridging the Gap: A guide to the disabled students' allowances (DSAs) in higher education'. This gives full details of disabled students' allowances and other sources of financial support available.
- NHS bursary information can be found on the Bursary Online Support System (BOSS).
- National Network of Assessment Centres.
- Disabled Students’ Allowances Quality Assurance Group (DSA-QAG).
Irlen Syndrome or Visual Stress
- Irlen Institute (USA)
- Irlen Institute (UK)
- Colour in the Treatment of Visual Stress (University of Essex)
Access West of England forms
Please note this link is for completed Study Needs Assessments only:
Dyslexia/SpLD Service forms
Please note these links are for booked appointments. If you have not booked you must contact Dyslexia/SpLD Service before using any of the links below.
- Dyslexia/SpLD pre-screening and pre-diagnostic questionnaire
- Dyslexia/SpLD online payment for diagnostic assessment
Consent for sensitive personal data processing
As part of an audit carried out by the Disabled Students’ Allowance Quality Assurance Group (DSA-QAG), UWE Bristol may need to request your permission to let us share your personal data. This is so that DSA-QAG can evaluate our internal processes for delivering Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) funded Non-Medical Helper support services.
Find out more about consent for sensitive personal data processing.