Support for students with Specific Learning Difficulties

If you have a SpLD you may be eligible to apply for the Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) through your funding body eg Student Finance, NHS etc. For more details about DSAs, including whether you are eligible, visit our Disabled Students' Allowance information.

How DSAs can help

DSAs may fund:

  • Specialist one-to-one study skills support (not subject specific). For more information, download our study skills booklet.
  • A range of assistive technologies to support your studies.
  • Training to help you get the most out of your assistive technologies.

If recommended in your assessment or agreed by a Disability Adviser, reasonable adjustments at UWE Bristol may provide examination and teaching and learning adjustments.

The following are a few examples:

  • Extra time or use of a computer in your exams
  • A digital voice recorder in lectures

These will help to ‘level the playing field’ but will not give you an advantage over other students.

If you do not have a SpLD or are looking for subject specific support please visit our study support section for more information about how UWE Bristol can support you.

Back to top