Registration information for international students
If you need a visa to study in the UK, we’ll need to check and scan your documents as soon as you arrive and every year after that. We can do this once you have completed your online registration.
Register and pay fees
Please follow the steps to register and pay fees.
Passport and visa checking
We’ll have a welcome hub on Frenchay Campus for you to have your passport, visa and qualifications checked. You can collect your student ID card from 6 January 2020.
Please note: Qualification checking is required for all PGCE courses and for Primary Education (ITE). If you’re studying on one of these courses, please bring your original qualifications and English Language qualification.
Please attend our Welcome Hub in the Students’ Union, U Block, Union 1, Upper Engagement Space. The opening hours are:
- week commencing 6 January 2020 – 10:00-16:00
- 13, 14, 15 January 2020 - 10:00-16:00
- 16, 17 January 2020 - 10:00-14:00
- week commencing 20 January 2020 – 10:00-14:00.
From 27 January to 7 February 2020 international students should attend the Student Visa Support Service drop-in sessions for passport and visa checking. The opening hours are:
- 10:30-12:00 (Monday to Friday) in room 2P04 at Frenchay Campus
- 14:00-15:30 (Monday to Thursday) in room 2P04 at Frenchay Campus.
ID cards should be collected from an Information Point.
What to bring
You'll need to bring the following:
- Your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)*
- A copy of your offer letter from UWE Bristol
If applicable, you’ll be told if you need to bring these:
- Original IELTS/English Language qualification certificate
- A hard copy of the qualifications listed on your CAS statement
You'll also need to bring a method of payment if you haven't yet paid your course fees. If you're being sponsored for your course fees, please bring a copy of your sponsorship letter.
* If you've chosen for your Biometric Residence Permit to be delivered to UWE Bristol you can collect it during the in-person registration.
View further information about Biometric Residence Permit collection.
International Student Orientation
All new international and EU students must attend International Student Orientation. It will give you important information about UWE Bristol and the Bristol community.
Other resources for new students
Take a look at our information for new
international students, including details of our airport