Students sat outside of the Student Village, Frenchay Campus

Registration information for international students (those requiring a visa to study in the UK)

You’ll need to register online and attend a registration event and a passport and visa scanning event to get your visa and qualifications checked.

Register and pay fees

Please follow the steps to register and pay fees.

Attend a registration session

Home Office regulations require you to attend registration in person at the start of your time at UWE Bristol, and every year after this.

We’ll have a Welcome Hub on Frenchay Campus so you can register in person and collect your student ID card. Your registration won't be complete until you've had your passport, qualifications and visa checked.

The Welcome Hub is open:

  • Monday 10 to Thursday 13 September 2018: 10:00–16:00, level two in Frenchay Library 
  • Friday 14 to Saturday 15 September 2018: 10:00–16:00, Exhibition and Conference Centre (ECC)
  • Monday 17 September to Friday 5 October 2018: 09:30–16:00, level two in Frenchay Library
  • Monday 8 to Friday 12 October 2018: 11:00–14:00, level two in Frenchay Library 

What to bring

You'll need to bring the following:

  • Your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)*
  • A copy of your offer letter from UWE Bristol 
  • Original IELTS/English Language qualification certificate
  • A hard copy of the qualifications listed on your CAS statement

You'll also need to bring a method of payment if you haven't yet paid your course fees. If you're being sponsored for your course fees, please bring a copy of your sponsorship letter.

* If you don't yet have your Biometric Residence Permit you can collect it during the in-person registration. You must bring your letter from the UK Visas and Immigration department (UKVI) with you. Alternatively, you can provide an electronic copy of your letter on a mobile device.

View further information about Biometric Residence Permit collection.

International Student Orientation

All new international and EU students must attend International Student Orientation. It will give you important information about UWE Bristol and the Bristol community.

Other resources for new students

Take a look at our information for new international students, including details about airport pickups.

Back to top