Registration information for international students (those requiring a visa to study in the UK)
You’ll need to register online and attend a registration event and a passport and visa scanning event to get your visa and qualifications checked.
Register and pay fees
Please follow the steps to register and pay fees.
Attend a registration session
Home Office regulations require you to attend registration in person at the start of your time at UWE Bristol, and every year after this. This is to confirm your attendance at the University and is in addition to completing online registration.
- You can register by visiting the Welcome Hub, in library foyer on Frenchay Campus from Monday 7 January 2019 to Friday 25 January 2019, 10:00–14:00.
- From Monday 28 January 2019, passport and visa checking will take place in the Visa Hub, Room 2P04, P block. It will be open from 10:00–14:00, Monday to Friday.
Your registration won't be complete until you've had your passport, qualifications and visa checked. Once you’ve successfully completed your registration, we will give you your student ID card.
What to bring
You'll need to bring the following:
- Your passport, visa and/or Biometric Residence Permit (if you already have one)*
- A copy of your offer letter from UWE Bristol
- Original IELTS/English Language qualification certificate
- A hard copy of the qualifications listed on your CAS statement
You'll also need to bring a method of payment if you haven't yet paid your course fees. If you're being sponsored for your course fees, please bring a copy of your sponsorship letter.
* If you don't yet have your Biometric Residence Permit you can collect it during the in-person registration. You must bring your letter from the UK Visas and Immigration department (UKVI) with you. Alternatively, you can provide an electronic copy of your letter on a mobile device.
View further information about Biometric Residence Permit collection.
International Student Orientation
All new international and EU students must attend International Student Orientation. Designed to coincide with your course induction and registration activities, it will give you important information about UWE Bristol and the Bristol community.
Other resources for new students
Take a look at our information for new
international students, including details about airport