Out of hours team
In addition to the broad range of support services already available, the University has a team of student support officers providing support out of hours.
The team is based on the first floor of the newly refurbished Student Centre, which has been converted from the former Vice-Chancellor's office (the Farmhouse) on Frenchay Campus and also provides a place for you to relax.
Get in touch
Out of normal office hours and during term time (19:00 to 07:00 Monday to Friday and 24 hours at weekends), you can:
- drop in to the Student Centre and speak to a Student Support Officer face to face
- drop in to Glenside Library every Monday from 20:00-22:00 to meet with a Student Support Officer
- contact them on 07814 791212
- email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The out of hours team work closely with colleagues in accommodation and security to deal with a range of concerns about students on and off campus. They:
- provide advice and support to students in accordance with the University’s existing policies, regulations and practice
- proactively engage with vulnerable students and those who may be impacted by their behaviour by being an integral part of a coordinated support plan, and by ensuring timely referrals to appropriate professional campus services
- act as a key partner for the initial response and management of critical incidents across UWE Bristol’s campus services
- are appropriately trained and, whilst on shift, are supported by an on-call Duty Manager.
If there's a crisis
If you’re in immediate danger or you know someone who is, please call 999 (0117 3289 999 if you’re on campus. This will connect you to the emergency line in the East Reception at Frenchay Campus – a member of staff will provide assistance in contacting the emergency services and direct them to you when they arrive on campus).
If you’re in crisis or distress you should call Samaritans'
24-hour listening service for immediate support on 116 123. Or you
can text ‘UWE’ to 85258 to access our new 24/7 textline. Launched
in partnership with The Students’ Union at UWE and Crisis Textline,
all texts are answered by trained volunteers supported
by experienced clinical supervisors.