Learn how to cook some delicious and healthy alternatives to your favourite dishes.
It's hard to know where to start with eating healthily, so we've put together a few recipes that will help you get a balanced diet whilst at university, these recipes are simple, affordable and tasty.
Meat and fish
- Tomato, red wine and chorizo risotto
- Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
- Pesto gnocchi chicken bake
- Healthy egg, ham and chips
- Steak with goulash sauce and sweet potato fries
- Prawn and chorizo orzo
- Super-speedy steamed salmon
- The best salmon fish cakes
- Spicy sausage ragu with spirali
- Vegan sweet potato white bean chilli
- Vegan beetroot hummus and crispy chickpea sub-sandwich
- Vegan chargrilled vegetable tacos and smoky salsa
- Vegan pizza
- Vegan Mexican bean rice
- Charred spring onions and teriyaki tofu
- Vegan nacho pizza
- Vegan smoky mac and cheese
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Vegan blueberry pancakes
- Vegan creamy mushroom tagilatelle
- One-pot linguine with olives, capers and sundried tomatoes
- Quick curry
Excess calories, high fat content and too much sugar are just a few reasons why you shouldn't have takeaways and ready meals on a regular basis. Instead, try making these healthier dishes at home.
You can also download our free UWE Bristol Cook Book.