Domestic abuse animation

Controlling someone’s behaviour, choices and freedom is abuse. It’s a crime that can take many forms including physical, sexual, psychological, financial, verbal or emotional.

Support is there if you need it

  • If you or someone you know is at immediate risk of harm, call 999.
  • You can call the police for advice even if you don’t want to press charges (101 for non-emergency).
  • If you want to report an incident you can contact the Student Policy Team through Report and Support. Reported incidents won't be recorded on your student record.
  • You can contact the University’s Wellbeing Service if you need emotional support on +44 (0)117 32 86268.
  • Talk to an online counsellor anonymously via Kooth Student.

Back to top