Go Global financial support
You can apply for funding for your Go Global project if you fulfil certain requirements.
Global projects financial support
The Go Global Team have identified a range of trusted global providers who offer safe, ethical, good value opportunities that deliver positive outcomes for students and communities.
Financial support will be available for eligible students who successfully secure a place on an approved project at one of our global partners. In addition, you can apply for funding to support the costs of international sandwich placements and Spain Internship roles.
How to apply
Payments to students who successfully secure Global project financial support will be made via BACs direct to your nominated bank account.
The first payments for 2019/20 will be made in December 2019.
Please note that in order to receive payment you must have fully completed the Employability Activity Confirmation process and returned all other paperwork by agreed deadlines.
Financial support is only available for eligible students who have successfully secured one of the approved activities below:
- UWE Bristol Spain Internships Summer Scheme
- Think Pacific
- East African Playgrounds
- UWE Bristol Pagoda Projects - Employability trips and short to long term placements in East Asia. Check back soon for more information about these opportunities.
- Official UWE Bristol sandwich placement linked to your course of study
- Official Study Abroad activity
- Summer School activity approved by the Study Abroad Team
UWE Bristol students undertaking a work activity in Europe that lasts at least 60 days may be eligible for Erasmus+ funding – this isn't linked to household income.
Activities supported by Erasmus+ funding in Europe include:
- official UWE Bristol placements
- official Study Exchange
- the UWE Bristol Spain Summer Internship programme.
Erasmus+ funding can pay a maximum of 400 Euros per month while you are working in Europe. A member of the Go Global or Study Abroad Team will help you to apply for this fund once you have a confirmed European activity lasting at least 60 days.
Go Global Financial Subsidies terms and conditions
- You must be a current undergraduate student at UWE Bristol.
- You must have a household income of £25k or less.
- You must be a UK home student. If you're unsure if you're a home student please read our information on determining your fee status.
- If you're a final year student you must complete your Go Global Bursary activity by 31 August of your final year.
- You must have successfully arranged and been accepted on your global opportunity, with a confirmation letter/email from the company/organisation.
- You must attend a Go Global Pre Departure briefing prior to going on your trip.
- You must not use the bursary to travel to a country that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against travelling too.
- It's at the discretion of UWE Bristol to decide the amount of bursary that may be awarded.
- If successful, a payment will be issued directly into your back account via BACS payment. You will receive more information about this after you have made your application.
- UWE Bristol reserves the right to request further information or withdraw your application if it's felt that the opportunity you're undertaking isn't genuine and/or beneficial to your future employment prospects.
- If you're unable to take your place on the programme for any reason, you'll be expected to repay the full bursary amount to UWE Bristol. A failure to repay will result in an ineligibility to graduate at the end of your course.
- You'll be required to provide a case study/reflective log, which may be used for promotional purposes.
Please note: Funding is limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. This means that being eligible to receive funding doesn't guarantee that you'll receive it. Please ensure you apply for your preferred project as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Separate financial support arrangements are in place for students who will be spending a semester or a year at one of our partner institutions on a study abroad opportunity. Find out more about fees and funding for studying abroad.