Get involved at UWE Bristol
There's more to your UWE Bristol experience than study. You have the opportunity to get involved in a range of activities and events, join societies and meet like-minded people.
Have fun during UWE Bristol Welcome
- Welcome events - get an introduction (or re-introduction) to the University during Welcome. Enjoy a range of activities taking place across our campuses.
- The Centre for Sport - a state-of-the-art sports complex, housing a gym and fitness suites. Become a member and enjoy access to many sports activities and classes.
- The Students' Union at UWE Bristol sports clubs - sports clubs that cater to every level - a great way to get active, learn new skills and make friends.
- Varsity - help to battle our sporting arch rivals the University of Bristol in a variety of sporting events. Use the hashtag #TeamUWE to show your support.
Explore faith and culture
- Prayer rooms, reflective spaces and faith groups - practice your faith and spirituality by joining a faith group.
- National, faith and identity communities - meet other students who share similar cultures, beliefs, identities and demographics to you. Run by The SU at UWE Bristol.
- Centre for Music - get involved in musical theatre, learn to sing or play an instrument, join a band or get involved in music production or DJing.
Boost your career prospects
- Employers Fairs - interact and engage with potential employers.
- Go Global - explore opportunities to work, study, volunteer or teach abroad.
- UWE Bristol Futures Award - learn new skills, gain confidence and improve your graduate job prospects by registering for this employability award.
Give back to others
- UWE Bristol Homelessness Grand Challenge - a new initiative where you can make a difference to the problem of homelessness. The Challenge is designed to support your formal curriculum and enhance your student experience.
- Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) - put your knowledge and experience to good use and support fellow students.
- Student feedback - voice your opinion and help to shape the future.
- Volunteer - develop new skills and gain work experience whilst making a positive contribution to local communities.