Advice for applicants

UWE Cares is here to help and support you, so please contact us on to let us know you’re coming to study at UWE Bristol.

After you’ve applied for university through UCAS

1. Apply for your Student finance as soon as you can

If you’re applying for student finance as an estranged student, please read the StandAlone Student Finance Guide. You want to be assessed as an independent student. You can contact the Student Finance Estrangement Team at for specialist advice from them.

If you’re applying for student finance as a care leaver, you’ll also want to be assessed as an independent student. The charity Become has lots of fact sheets to help care leavers apply to university.

If you’re applying to student finance as a carer, your loans will be assessed according to your household income. Your parent/s’ income will be assessed if you’re under 25.

The quicker you apply for your student finance the better, as this will help UWE Bristol assess your eligibility for financial support through the UWE Cares bursary and 365 accommodation.

2. The UWE Cares Bursary

You don’t need to apply for the UWE Cares Bursary. The university will assess you and contact you by email if you need to send us any information.

3. Apply for UWE Bristol Accommodation

When you choose UWE Bristol as your firm choice on UCAS, you’ll receive an email from our Admissions team inviting you to apply for student accommodation.

Accommodation opens at the end of March. The sooner you apply, the better.

If you want to view the choices of student accommodation, please look at UWE Bristol’s accommodation options.

Back to top