Students walking down Park Street, Bristol

Part-time EU student funding

Level of tuition fees

If you are classified as an EU student for fee purposes, then you will be charged the same rate of fees for your part-time programme as a UK or ‘home’ student.

If you are unsure of the residency requirements, please refer to our definitions for determining fee status.

The tuition fees charged for part-time courses depends on the number of credits you study each academic year. Tuition fees for most part-time courses are charged on a pro-rata basis, so 50% of a full-time course would cost £4,625 per academic year.

Eligibility for funding

If you already have an honours degree, you won't qualify for financial support from Student Finance England unless you are studying a part-time course in one of the STEM subjects including Engineering, Technology or Computer Science. Find out more about Equivalent or Lower Qualification (ELQ).

If you have other previous study but have not achieved the qualification this could affect the number of years funding you are entitled to. Please contact a Money Adviser or your funding body to find out how this may affect you.

To qualify, you'll need to register on a designated part-time course that is equivalent to at least 25% of a full-time degree course (30 credits or more), and you'll need to be classified as a Home (UK) or EU resident student. View full eligibility criteria.

Tuition fee support

You can apply for a non means-tested loan of up to £6,935 each year. You can choose to borrow a lesser amount (or none). The fee loan is paid directly to the University.

Funding for living expenses

If you meet certain residency requirements, your fee status may be 'home' (or UK resident) rather than EU. This means that you may get funding for your living costs (please see our maintenance loan information, which is the same for home and EU students) on top of the financial help for your fees described above. 

Repayment of your tuition fee loan

See further information on how and when to repay your loan on the website.

How to apply for fee support

For information on fee support available for new part-time students, please see the Student Finance England web pages, which also provides information specific to EU students.

You can access the tuition fee loan application form on

Back to top