US loans guide

Our guide to loans for USA students at UWE Bristol.


Find out about the criteria set by the US Department of Education in order to be eligible for US federal loans.

How to apply for federal loans

Follow our step-by-step guide to applying for a US federal loan when applying to study at UWE Bristol.

Types of loan and borrowing amounts

Details of types of loans and borrowing for USA applicants including direct loans, private loans and repayment information.

Payment of loans

When and how loans are paid including the disbursement dates for undergraduates and postgraduates.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

To be eligible for US federal student loans, a student must make satisfactory academic, find out how Satisfactory Academic Progress is measured.

Suspending, withdrawing, transferring course or changing the status of your studies

Under US Federal law, the University is required to report any changes to your enrolment, find out how to report any changes in your status.

Amending, decreasing or cancelling a loan

Information about making any changes to your US federal loan and who to contact.

Deferring a previous loan

Information about deferring a previous loan

Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions and answers for applying for a US Federal Loan, receiving your loan, and eligibility.


Contact us

If you can't find the information you need in this guide please email

Back to top