Scholarships from other sources
British Chevening Scholarship
The Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. 2013 was the 30th anniversary of the Chevening programme, which was established in 1983, and has developed into a prestigious international scheme.
Scholars come from 118 countries worldwide, and over 600 scholarships will be awarded this year. There are over 42,000 Chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network. Scholars are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world, sometimes in partnership with sponsoring organisations.
Eligibility for Chevening Scholarships
Applicants for Chevening Scholarships must:
- be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country, and intend to return there at the end of the period of study;
- hold a degree that is equivalent to at least an upper second-class honours degree in the UK;
- achieve the minimum Chevening English language requirement;
- have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent experience before applying for a Chevening Scholarship;
- be able to obtain the correct visa, and receive an unconditional offer from a UK university.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online for the Chevening Scholarships. Applicants should read the online guidance and be able to demonstrate how they meet the Chevening selection criteria before submitting an application.
Closing dates and priority subject areas vary from country to country - please visit the country search page for further information.
British Council IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Scholarship Award
British Marshall Scholarship (for students from the USA)
Canon Collins Trust Scholarships
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
GREAT Scholarships 2019 - China
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, UWE Bristol will be offering two scholarships to Chinese students applying for full-time master's courses in any subject, starting in September 2019.
Two scholarships will be awarded to the value of £10,000 each.
- You will need to apply for a full-time taught master's course at UWE Bristol (postgraduate diplomas are not eligible for this scholarship) before applying for the scholarship.
- You should have achieved a minimum of 80% on a degree from a recognised Chinese institution. Please provide evidence in the form of an official original transcript showing all subjects of your 4 years study and bearing the home university’s official seal.
- Please submit a personal statement outlining how the postgraduate course will help you further your career aspirations and what your wider contribution to UWE Bristol could be as a result of obtaining a scholarship.
Your application should include an excellent personal profile as part of your personal statement. The deadline for applications is 15 March 2019.
Please note: This scholarship cannot be deferred, or applied for if in receipt of any other UWE Bristol scholarship.