Apply for a science, engineering and IT opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a science, engineering and IT opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEER for website & e-newsletter support - ideal for a student with design skills and/or website designEmployer: Youth MovesApplication closing date: 31 Mar 2019Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomWe are looking for support to keep our website up to date, help us to get an e-newsletter
up and running and to collate case studies to publish online.
It would be ideal for a student with design skills or a knack for website design.
Hours can be flexible to suit your schedule but we would imagine around 3-6 hours per week. There will be staff to induct and support you but after meeting with them you may be able to arrange volunteering from home if you prefer.
- VOLUNTEERING - Family Engagement Volunteer - From building dens to pond dipping help, visitors get crafty, creative and close to natureEmployer: Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust - SlimbridgeApplication closing date: 31 Mar 2019Location: Slimbridge South West - Gloucestershire United KingdomFrom building dens to pond dipping help, visitors get crafty, creative and close to nature during weekends and school holidays.
Helping to prepare and supervise art and craft activities within our new Create & Connect exhibit Opening 2020
Summer/Spring party activities include amphibian handling, pond dipping and feeding the birds. Autumn/Winter activities include amphibian handling, nature explorer activity (binocular in hides, sound guns in grounds, spotter sheet) and feeding the birds.
- INTERNATIONAL Water Services Interns (Social Sciences, Engineering, Water Science, Journalism) - DELHI, INDIAApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: Delhi IndiaThis is an opportunity to work within the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi, India. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable.
Opportunities for Social Sciences, Engineering, Water Science, and Journalism students on the following sorts of topics....
- INTERNATIONAL Field Assistants - Lima and Ayacucho Province, PeruApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: Lima Province PeruFounded in December 2014, the Centro de Competencias del Agua (CCA) is a non-profit institution focused on the development of research and innovation projects in the field of integrated management of water resources, and the training of talents.
Field Assistants – support CCA scientists in continuing examination of climate change impacts on highland communities, especially in Ayacucho province.
- INTERNATIONAL Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Officer - Swaziland, TshaneniApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: Tshaneni SwazilandRMI is seeking an enthusiastic and resourceful student intern to support in the design and implementation of rural development projects for farmers in Swaziland. The intern will be embedded into a sugar scheme and will work along RMI staff and the Farmer’s Federation.
- VOLUNTEER DigiLocal - familiar with technology and able to support young people , but you don't need to be on a software or electronics degree. Employer: High Tech Bristol & Bath CICApplication closing date: 30 Jun 2019Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomYou don't need to be on a software or electronics degree. We need people that are familiar with technology and able to support young people with their projects. All clubs have clear project guides for the young people to follow, you will be supporting their learning.
- VOLUNTEER - Code Club Support, - teach children 9-13 years old, 1hr pw/10 weeks - no need to know coding Employer: Code ClubApplication closing date: 18 Dec 2019Location: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester South West - Somerset United KingdomSupport a local school Code Club for 1 hour per week for min 10 weeks?
Your role is to facilitate the clubs smooth running, help the children complete the projects, encouraging the children to be their own problem solvers. Join in the fun, share your skills,help make games, animations and websites.