Apply for a science, engineering and IT opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a science, engineering and IT opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEER Student Project 2 - Eel Conservation Research - Conservation, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Environmental Science, BristolEmployer: Bristol Fish ProjectApplication closing date: 25 Oct 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomStudent research project, working with UWE and Bristol Fish Project on the development of environmental DNA (eDNA) as a tool for monitoring of the critically endangered European eel.
- VOLUNTEER Student Project 3 - Hackuaponics - robotics & automation/urban indoor aquaponics farm - Environmental Science, AI, IOT, robotics, automationEmployer: Bristol Fish ProjectApplication closing date: 25 Oct 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomStudent project working on robotics and automation for agriculture, based at Bristol Fish Project, a urban indoor aquaponics farm.
Example Projects might include:
- Developing and testing indoor positioning systems based on Bluetooth beacons
- Building and documenting an Arduino-based fish feeder adjusted by Node Red and water quality parameters.
- Writing Node Red scripts to build automation routines.
- VOLUNTEER - Code Club Support, - teach children 9-13 years old, 1hr pw/6 weeks, how to program - no need to know coding , as training can be givenEmployer: Code ClubApplication closing date: 7 Dec 2018Location: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester South West - Somerset United Kingdom.. support a local after-school Code Club for approx 1 hour per week for min 6 weeks?
... the teacher is the host for the club and is responsible for behaviour and discipline within the school. Your role as a student volunteer is to help facilitate the clubs smooth running, helping the children complete the projects by encouraging the children to be their own problem solvers. We want you to join in the fun by sharing your skills to help them make computer games, animations and websites.
- VOLUNTEER - Visitor Services, Aviation History - BristolEmployer: Aerospace BristolApplication closing date: 31 Dec 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomAerospace Bristol is a new attraction celebrating Bristol's rich aviation history. Our volunteers play a fundamental role in our success. This is a hugely exciting time to join the team to help us enhance the visitor experience.
- VOLUNTEER DigiLocal - familiar with technology and able to support young people , but you don't need to be on a software or electronics degree. Employer: High Tech Bristol & Bath CICApplication closing date: 30 Jun 2019Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomYou don't need to be on a software or electronics degree. We need people that are familiar with technology and able to support young people with their projects. All clubs have clear project guides for the young people to follow, you will be supporting their learning.