Apply for a schools and education opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a schools and education opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEER - International Women's Day Activity - Friday 1st March - assist and guide the creation of a piece of work reacting to women?s stories Employer: Aerospace BristolApplication closing date: 22 Feb 2019Location: Filton South West - Bristol United KingdomDuring this event, young women from different schools in South Gloucestershire will come and hear the stories of inspirational women from the area, they will then have time to work more closely with one of the women and talk to them about their experiences in more depth. The students will then be creating a piece of work reacting to the women’s stories and discussing their own experiences as a young woman today. These will then be displayed at an exhibition on International Women’s Day.
- VOLUNTEER - Tutor - English or Maths Employer: Action TutoringApplication closing date: 28 Feb 2019Location: Bristol UK - All Regions United KingdomOur programmes run with the school terms and we have opportunities available to start in October, November, January, February, April, May and June. Once you apply and are trained we'll share what opportunities we have. Generally our programmes run for 8-10 weeks.
- VOLUNTEER - Child Safety Tour Guide, BristolEmployer: LifeskillsApplication closing date: 28 Feb 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomVolunteers are trained to guide small groups of primary school children around the life-like scenarios using an interactive approach to teach safety skills.
- VOLUNTEER Lead a small group of children on a UK summer camp this summer! 26TH July Employer: ATE Superweeks (The A.T.E. Trust)Application closing date: 15 Mar 2019Location: Various Locations UK - All Regions United KingdomIf you’ve ever considered working with children, how about volunteering for a week in the summer with ATE working on residential summer camps in the UK? It's non-stop, challenging, and extremely good fun.
..... for the week, children & staff have the time of their lives, making new friends, playing games, exploring, building dens in the woods, having songs and stories around the campfire and have an opportunity to 'get away from it all' whilst experiencing lots of real childhood moments.
- VOLUNTEER Programme Volunteer, South West - A chance to have fun, try new activities and to have your own adventuresEmployer: Youth Adventure TrustApplication closing date: 1 Jul 2019Location: Wiltshire, Wales, Dorset, Gloucestershire South West - all counties United KingdomVolunteers needed to help out on adventure camps and activity days for vulnerable young people aged 11 - 16yrs old.
As a Programme Volunteer you will work with groups of up to 10 young people alongside other volunteers, trained members of staff and activity instructors.
You will ensure the welfare and organisation of the young people, help them to get involved and overcome issues, encourage and support their social relationships and help guide your team to work together.
- VOLUNTEER Play Team Office Support , Bristol Employer: Children's ScrapstoreApplication closing date: 14 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting, busy and varied role supporting the Play Team Operations Coordinator with office duties in all aspects such as answering queries, filing, data entry and producing simple resources.
- VOLUNTEER Warehouse Support/assisting with the organization of scrap material, processing scrap resources + general warehouse operations , BristolEmployer: Children's ScrapstoreApplication closing date: 15 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting, busy and varied role supporting the Children’s Scrapstore in the daily running of its warehouse. This will include assisting with the organization of scrap material, processing scrap resources, and general warehouse operations. It will require creativity, practicality and effective communication skills with both internal departments and external customers of all ages.
- VOLUNTEER - Code Club Support, - teach children 9-13 years old, 1hr pw/10 weeks - no need to know coding Employer: Code ClubApplication closing date: 18 Dec 2019Location: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester South West - Somerset United KingdomSupport a local school Code Club for 1 hour per week for min 10 weeks?
Your role is to facilitate the clubs smooth running, help the children complete the projects, encouraging the children to be their own problem solvers. Join in the fun, share your skills,help make games, animations and websites.