Apply for a schools and education opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a schools and education opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEER Primary school homework club leaders Employer: Barton Hill AcademyApplication closing date: 21 Dec 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomWe’re looking for a small team of volunteers to run a homework club for children at our primary school in Barton Hill, East Central Bristol. The aim of the club is to support children who may be missing out on opportunities for home learning
You will be required to attend an induction session (date tbc) and DBS will be required.
There will be the opportunity to contribute 30 hours to this project if you are interested in using the role in your Developing Self and Society module.
- VOLUNTEER Job Club Mentor , Bristol - help to individuals search and applying for jobs.Application closing date: 31 Dec 2018Location: Bristol England United KingdomWe are looking for volunteers to support our Job Club. This service provides assistance in writing CV & cover letters, job searches & applications to our refugee clients.
- VOLUNTEER Tutor X 5 - occupational experience in delivering psychosocial support - Training provided Employer: British Red Cross - Warmley, BristolApplication closing date: 31 Dec 2018Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomTutors are responsible for the delivery of specific Learning & Development courses, workshops and events. Tutors provide presentations, instructions and guidance, facilitating discussions and group work, so ensuring participation of all involved towards the agreed learning objectives.
Comprehensive training, both on your training skills and on subject-specific areas
- VOLUNTEER Creative and Therapeutic Facilitators wanted for an exciting new community youth hub project in Stokes CroftEmployer: Leading Lights Education and WellbeingApplication closing date: 31 Jan 2019Location: Stokes Croft South West - Bristol United KingdomCreative and Therapeutic Volunteer Facilitators wanted for an exciting new community youth hub project in Stokes Croft
Running various creative workshops for young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health issues.
Lots of initial and ongoing support and training will be given.
- VOLUNTEER - Tutor - English or Maths Employer: Action TutoringApplication closing date: 28 Feb 2019Location: Bristol UK - All Regions United KingdomOur programmes run with the school terms and we have opportunities available to start in October, November, January, February, April, May and June. Once you apply and are trained we'll share what opportunities we have. Generally our programmes run for 8-10 weeks.
- VOLUNTEER Lead a small group of children on a UK summer camp this summer! 26TH July Employer: ATE Superweeks (The A.T.E. Trust)Application closing date: 15 Mar 2019Location: Various Locations UK - All Regions United KingdomIf you’ve ever considered working with children, how about volunteering for a week in the summer with ATE working on residential summer camps in the UK? It's non-stop, challenging, and extremely good fun.
..... for the week, children & staff have the time of their lives, making new friends, playing games, exploring, building dens in the woods, having songs and stories around the campfire and have an opportunity to 'get away from it all' whilst experiencing lots of real childhood moments.
- VOLUNTEER Programme Volunteer, South West - A chance to have fun, try new activities and to have your own adventuresEmployer: Youth Adventure TrustApplication closing date: 1 Jul 2019Location: Wiltshire, Wales, Dorset, Gloucestershire South West - all counties United KingdomVolunteers needed to help out on adventure camps and activity days for vulnerable young people aged 11 - 16yrs old.
As a Programme Volunteer you will work with groups of up to 10 young people alongside other volunteers, trained members of staff and activity instructors.
You will ensure the welfare and organisation of the young people, help them to get involved and overcome issues, encourage and support their social relationships and help guide your team to work together.
- VOLUNTEER - Child Safety Tour Guide, BristolEmployer: LifeskillsApplication closing date: 11 Jul 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomVolunteers are trained to guide small groups of primary school children around the life-like scenarios using an interactive approach to teach safety skills.
- VOLUNTEER Play Team Office Support , Bristol Employer: Children's ScrapstoreApplication closing date: 14 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting, busy and varied role supporting the Play Team Operations Coordinator with office duties in all aspects such as answering queries, filing, data entry and producing simple resources.
- VOLUNTEER Warehouse Support/assisting with the organization of scrap material, processing scrap resources + general warehouse operations , BristolEmployer: Children's ScrapstoreApplication closing date: 15 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting, busy and varied role supporting the Children’s Scrapstore in the daily running of its warehouse. This will include assisting with the organization of scrap material, processing scrap resources, and general warehouse operations. It will require creativity, practicality and effective communication skills with both internal departments and external customers of all ages.