Apply for a health, social care and youth work opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a Health, Social Care and Youth Work opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEERING - Memory Cafe Group Support Volunteer - Fishponds, Bristol - Once per month from 2pm - 4pm Employer: Alzheimer's SocietyApplication closing date: 30 Jan 2020Location: Fishponds South West - Bristol United KingdomYou'll play a key role in enabling people affected by dementia to engage in meaningful activities within a group setting and to socialise with others in a welcoming, relaxed and supportive environment.
- VOLUNTEERING - Peer Navigator - Bristol Employer: Off The Record - Old Market, BristolApplication closing date: 31 Jan 2020Location: Old Market, Yate, South Gloucestershire South West - Bristol United KingdomWe're currently recruiting Peer Navigators, a great voluntary role for anyone wanting to work in mental health, social work, occupational therapy, education or with young people in general. You'll be the face of OTR via our Hubs and gain an AQA certificate in Adolescent Mental Health!
- VOLUNTEER - Side by Side - enable people living with Dementia to keep doing the things they love and stay connected in their community, BristolEmployer: Alzheimer's SocietyApplication closing date: 31 Jan 2020Location: Bristol, Brislington, Whitchurch, Withywood, Hartcliffe, Knowle, Downend, Fishponds, Kingswood, St George South West - Bristol United KingdomSide by Side is our fun, friendly, flexible volunteering opportunity to enable people living with Dementia to keep doing the things they love and stay connected in their community.
- VOLUNTEERING - Culture Buddy - Redland, BristolEmployer: Milestones Trust - VolunteeringApplication closing date: 20 Feb 2020Location: Redland South West - Bristol United KingdomTake one of the residents out and about around Bristol supporting him at art exhibitions and other cultural events
- VOLUNTEERING - Activities Buddy - Redland, BristolEmployer: Milestones Trust - VolunteeringApplication closing date: 20 Feb 2020Location: Redland South West - Bristol United KingdomWe are looking for a volunteer to support one of the residents to access the community more, supporting her to go to activities such as the cinema, bowling, going for a coffee or eating out. She is very friendly and loves various activities, so you will never be short of things to do together!
- VOLUNTEERING - Activities Volunteer - Bristol (approx 2 hours per week)Employer: St Mungo's BristolApplication closing date: 28 Feb 2020Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomAt St Mungo's volunteers play a crucial role in helping people recover from homelessness. The experience, skills and knowledge they bring make a real difference to the lives of people we work with.
- VOLUNTEERING - Outdoor Activities Volunteer - Bristol Employer: Cintre Community LtdApplication closing date: 1 May 2020Location: Bristol United KingdomThis is an excellent volunteering position for an individual who thrives on outdoor activities.
- VOLUNTEER Advocate x 6 , Bristol Employer: Swan AdvocacyApplication closing date: 26 Jun 2020Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomAdvocates and representatives to work in the field of mental health and mental capacity
An advocate supports clients to ensure their best interests are safeguarded, by advocating on their behalf. They may initiate and carry out reviews of a client's care plan, communicating the client's views and choices.
By maintaining regular contact with the client, the advocate provides support and information that is independent and based on the client's best interests.
- VOLUNTEER - My Guide - Bristol - Would you like to gain experience in supporting blind or partially sighted people?Employer: Guide Dogs for the Blind - South WestApplication closing date: 5 Jul 2020Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomAre you looking to develop your communication and interpersonal skills
Would you like to gain experience in supporting blind or partially sighted people?
Check out our fantastic opportunity below with Guide Dogs
- VOLUNTEERING - Befriender - Ageuk - South GloucestershireEmployer: Age UK South GloucestershireApplication closing date: 1 Jan 2021Location: South Gloucestershire United KingdomAge UK South Gloucestershire offers a befriending service to older people in the county who are isolated and lonely, and in need of a friendly person to come to visit them.