Apply for a health, social care and youth work opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a Health, Social Care and Youth Work opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEER - Child Safety Tour Guide, BristolEmployer: LifeskillsApplication closing date: 28 Feb 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomVolunteers are trained to guide small groups of primary school children around the life-like scenarios using an interactive approach to teach safety skills.
- VOLUNTEER Cycling Assistant/Support x 3 @ BMX club January - March 2019 Employer: Access SportApplication closing date: 28 Feb 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomAccess Sport is looking for a volunteer to help support our club coaches at our BMX clubs (Lawrence Weston or Hillfields). There has been a growing interest in the clubs, so therefore the clubs require further support.
- VOLUNTEER Healthwatch - hear what local people and communities have to say about their health and social care servicesEmployer: The Care ForumApplication closing date: 31 Mar 2019Location: BRISTOL South West - Bristol United KingdomHealthwatch volunteer required to hear what local people and communities have to say about their health and social care services
- VOLUNTEERING - Event First Aid - BristolEmployer: British Red Cross - Warmley, BristolApplication closing date: 31 Mar 2019Location: City of Bristol England United KingdomBritish Red Cross volunteers fully trained in advanced first aid are ready to help at any occasion across the UK, from a community event to a stadium-sized rock concert. When accidents happen or illnesses take hold, their knowledge can be vital in saving lives or preventing further injury.
- VOLUNTEER - Independent Custody Visitor - KeynshamApplication closing date: 26 Apr 2019Location: Keynsham South West - all counties United KingdomCould you help to independently check on the welfare of people held in police custody? We recruit volunteers to visit Keynsham police centre to check on detainees in custody, the conditions in which they are held and that their rights and entitlements are being observed
- INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERING - Mental Health Placement/Psychology students and graduates will benefit most from this placement - Fees IRO £1400/4 weeksEmployer: SLV.Global - UWE approved/Global fundingApplication closing date: 31 May 2019Location: Bali IndonesiaSLV.Global is a graduate led volunteer organisation working in Sri Lanka and Bali, Indonesia. We provide Psychology students and graduates with the opportunity to gain hands on experience within the mental health sector as well as an immersive cross-cultural experience.
- VOLUNTEER Programme Volunteer, South West - A chance to have fun, try new activities and to have your own adventuresEmployer: Youth Adventure TrustApplication closing date: 1 Jul 2019Location: Wiltshire, Wales, Dorset, Gloucestershire South West - all counties United KingdomVolunteers needed to help out on adventure camps and activity days for vulnerable young people aged 11 - 16yrs old.
As a Programme Volunteer you will work with groups of up to 10 young people alongside other volunteers, trained members of staff and activity instructors.
You will ensure the welfare and organisation of the young people, help them to get involved and overcome issues, encourage and support their social relationships and help guide your team to work together.
- VOLUNTEERING - Online Volunteer CounsellorEmployer: The Mix - https://www.themix.org.uk/Application closing date: 31 Jul 2019Location: UK - All Regions United KingdomWe are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are studying or trained in counselling and who are passionate and interested in working with young people! We need volunteers interested in helping young people explore their feelings, sexuality, and empowering them to achieve their ambitions.
- VOLUNTEER Befriender - ideally 2-4 hours on a regular basis such as weekly/fortnightly, BristolEmployer: Time2ShareApplication closing date: 11 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomVolunteer Befriender for young person with additional needs aged 5 - 18 years in Bristol area
Would ideally like a volunteer for between 2-4 hours on a regular basis such as weekly or fortnightly.
Provide a young person with 1:1 support to achieve more independence from their primary carers and take part in social and leisure activities.
Provide support for a parent or carer who would benefit from a short break.
Support a young person aged 5-18 years old and living in Bristol
- VOLUNTEER Clifton Suicide Prevention Bristol- TRAINING PROVIDEDEmployer: Clifton Suicide Prevention BristolApplication closing date: 29 Oct 2020Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomClifton Suicide Prevention Bristol patrolling Clifton to prevent suicide.