Apply for a health, social care and youth work opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a Health, Social Care and Youth Work opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEERING - All Stars Cricket - Bristol Employer: UWE, Centre for SportApplication closing date: 15 Apr 2020Location: BS16 5UE South West - Bristol United KingdomLooking for volunteers to assisted the All Stars programme. All Stars is an 8 week programme that runs from mid-May for children aged 5-8 years old. At Downend Cricket Club the session will run for 1 hour on a Friday evening (time tbc)
- VOLUNTEERING - Outdoor Activities Volunteer - Bristol Employer: Cintre Community LtdApplication closing date: 1 May 2020Location: Bristol United KingdomThis is an excellent volunteering position for an individual who thrives on outdoor activities.
- VOLUNTEER Community Outreach x 4 , Bristol, S. Glos or North SomersetApplication closing date: 31 May 2020Location: Bristol, South Gloucestershire, North Somerset United Kingdom• Meeting with the public, listening and offering them opportunities to share their health and care experiences.
• Publicise and promote the work of Healthwatch often in GP surgeries, hospitals, and libraries etc
• To be the “eyes and ears” of Healthwatch in local settings.
- Volunteer Coordinator - Bristol Employer: Cintre Community LtdApplication closing date: 1 Jun 2020Location: Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting volunteer position for an individual who has excellent organisational skills.
- VOLUNTEER Advocate x 6 , Bristol Employer: Swan AdvocacyApplication closing date: 26 Jun 2020Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomAdvocates and representatives to work in the field of mental health and mental capacity
An advocate supports clients to ensure their best interests are safeguarded, by advocating on their behalf. They may initiate and carry out reviews of a client's care plan, communicating the client's views and choices.
By maintaining regular contact with the client, the advocate provides support and information that is independent and based on the client's best interests.
- VOLUNTEER - My Guide - Bristol - Would you like to gain experience in supporting blind or partially sighted people?Employer: Guide Dogs for the Blind - South WestApplication closing date: 5 Jul 2020Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomAre you looking to develop your communication and interpersonal skills
Would you like to gain experience in supporting blind or partially sighted people?
Check out our fantastic opportunity below with Guide Dogs
- VOLUNTEERING - Assistant scout leader - Stoke Gifford, BristolApplication closing date: 8 Dec 2020Location: Stoke Gifford South West - Gloucestershire United KingdomVolunteer assistant scout leader/s required for a busy local scout troop.
If you have been involved in scouting or guiding where you grew up and are looking for a local group to continue your wood badge training or permit holder instructor qualifications.
- VOLUNTEER - Tutor - English or Maths - Action Tutoring - BristolEmployer: Action TutoringApplication closing date: 31 Dec 2020Location: Bristol UK - All Regions United KingdomCould you spare an hour a week to tutor young people from disadvantaged backgrounds?
Volunteer with Action Tutoring to help young people achieve in English and Maths.
Action Tutoring is a national education charity that aims to address disadvantage in education.
- VOLUNTEERING - Befriender - Ageuk - South GloucestershireEmployer: Age UK South GloucestershireApplication closing date: 1 Jan 2021Location: South Gloucestershire United KingdomAge UK South Gloucestershire offers a befriending service to older people in the county who are isolated and lonely, and in need of a friendly person to come to visit them.