Apply for a health, social care and youth work opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for a Health, Social Care and Youth Work opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER - EcoSwell Volunteer Internship - Peru Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply - Programme Fees apply Employer: EcoSwell - PeruApplication closing date: 2 Oct 2019Location: Lobitos PeruNGO Management
Natural Resources Protection: Surfonomics study
Our projects belong to a diverse range of disciplines, focussing on environmental, economic and/or social wellbeing and sustainability. These projects are integral for us as an organization in achieving our objectives of making positive impact in the community, whilst remaining financially sustainable as an organization.
- VOLUNTEER Community Ambassador x 5 - interest in community based health promotion work. BristolEmployer: Diabetes UK South West - TauntonApplication closing date: 30 Oct 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomBe an ambassador for diabetes awareness in your local community.
We are looking for people who:
• Have a passion for improving diabetes awareness in their local community.
• Have an interest in community based health promotion work.
• Are confident to talk to people in an engaging and enthusiastic way.
• Respect other peoples cultures and understand their cultural values.
• Are committed to support the work of Diabetes UK and represent Diabetes UK in a positive way.
- VOLUNTEERING - Online Volunteer Counsellor - Provide online counselling to young people across the UK Employer: The Mix - https://www.themix.org.uk/Application closing date: 31 Oct 2019Location: UK - All Regions United KingdomWe are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are studying or trained in counselling and who are passionate and interested in working with young people! We need volunteers interested in helping young people explore their feelings, sexuality, and empowering them to achieve their ambitions.
- VOLUNTEER Policy and Research x 10 , Bristol - help us demonstrate basic health and social indicators, Application closing date: 31 Oct 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomWe are looking for a Policy and Research Volunteer who can help us demonstrate basic health and social indicators, and has knowledge and experience of evaluation and research, alongside a broad knowledge of health and social indicators.
Analyse and review all available information and recommend options for implementation of policies
- VOLUNTEER Grant and Bid Writer x 10 , BristolApplication closing date: 31 Oct 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThe Grant and Bid Writer Volunteer develops and writes grant proposals to trusts, foundations and other grant-making organisations
To identify grant and bid opportunities, managing the grant development and proposal process and to produce successful tender proposals – as well as other fundraising applications when required based on good research and excellent communication.
- VOLUNTEER Speechwriter x 5 , Bristol Application closing date: 31 Oct 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United Kingdom.... Speechwriter to provide first class written material, including high quality speeches, messages to support AHO’s corporate and campaigning activities
The following are some of the World Health Days for speechwriting: Africa Cancer Week, Africa TB , Africa Vaccination, Africa Malaria, Africa Health , Africa AIDS, World Kidney , World Down Syndrome , World No Tobacco , World Blood Donor , World Hepatitis, World Breastfeeding, World Humanitarian , World Rabies, World Diabetes
- VOLUNTEER Family Support Champion in Patchway, great for social work, well-being, family, early years experience. Local community charity, near to UWEEmployer: Southern Brooks Community PartnershipsApplication closing date: 31 Oct 2019Location: Bristol South West - Gloucestershire United KingdomSupporting vulnerable families with toddlers in Patchway (near Frenchay campus) through weekly play and fun activity sessions every Tuesday.
- VOLUNTEER - Supporting people with 'hoarding behaviours' - Making Space volunteer - Location is wherever it is convenient to youEmployer: WE Care, Home ImprovementsApplication closing date: 29 Nov 2019Location: Bristol England United KingdomThis is a rewarding opportunity to become involved in the innovative Making Space project which has been developed to support people with hoarding tendencies. We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and passionate volunteers to help empower clients to address their hoarding behaviours.
- VOLUNTEER with the elderly , BristolEmployer: BrunelcareApplication closing date: 15 Dec 2019Location: Bristol England United KingdomVolunteer with the elderly. Volunteers can choose something to suit them be it helping with arts & crafts, discussing the news, helping at meal times, going for a walk, hosting bingo sessions or fitness sessions, or just making a cuppa and enjoying a chat!
- VOLUNTEER Support at Home x 10 - Bristol - training providedEmployer: British Red Cross - Warmley, BristolApplication closing date: 20 Dec 2019Location: South Gloucestershire / Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThe aim of the Support at Home service is to place the person at the centre of what we do and help them get through a crisis by offering positive encouragement, practical help and emotional support, for a few days or for longer, depending on their needs.