Apply for an environment, conservation and sustainability opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for an Environment, Conservation and Sustainability opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEERING - Arctic Adventure Researcher - Slimbridge, GloucesterApplication closing date: 31 Mar 2019Location: Slimbridge South West - Gloucestershire United KingdomVOLUNTEERING - Arctic Adventure Researcher - Slimbridge, Gloucester
- As an in-character researcher, you'll transport visitors to the Arctic Tundra
- Guide visitors around the research hut, showing what it's really like working in the wilderness
- VOLUNTEERING - Family Engagement Volunteer - From building dens to pond dipping help, visitors get crafty, creative and close to natureApplication closing date: 31 Mar 2019Location: Slimbridge South West - Gloucestershire United KingdomFrom building dens to pond dipping help, visitors get crafty, creative and close to nature during weekends and school holidays.
Helping to prepare and supervise art and craft activities within our new Create & Connect exhibit Opening 2020
Summer/Spring party activities include amphibian handling, pond dipping and feeding the birds. Autumn/Winter activities include amphibian handling, nature explorer activity (binocular in hides, sound guns in grounds, spotter sheet) and feeding the birds.
- VOLUNTEERING - Grounds Support - Grounds & GardensApplication closing date: 31 Mar 2019Location: Slimbridge South West - Gloucestershire United Kingdom
- Get outdoors and maintain habitats for our resident flora and fauna
- VOLUNTEER Wildlife Care AssistantEmployer: Secret World Wildlife RescueApplication closing date: 13 Apr 2019Location: Highbridge South West - Somerset United KingdomVolunteer Wildlife Care Assistant
- VOLUNTEER Stoke Park Woodlands, Group Volunteering in UWEs local woodlandsEmployer: Stoke Park Action groupApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: South West - Bristol United KingdomFun, active and rewarding experience alongside fellow students conserving and managing the local woodlands around Frenchay Campus. Stoke Park woodlands improvement program will be restoring the area back to it's heritage and they need volunteers to help make this happen.
Gain practical skills in copicing and habitat management, earn about the forest's history whilst reconnecting with nature, in a safe and engaging peer led setting.
- INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERING Ridge to Reef Volunteering FijiEmployer: Island SpiritApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: Suva South Pacific FijiWildcrafted Ridge to Reef Volunteering and Island Discovery
A co-ordinated volunteering trip to study elements of the island ecosystem and rich culture. Gain credits, boost your CV with applied international development, environmental and cultural experience
- INTERNATIONAL Water Services Interns (Social Sciences, Engineering, Water Science, Journalism) - DELHI, INDIAApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: Delhi IndiaThis is an opportunity to work within the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi, India. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable.
Opportunities for Social Sciences, Engineering, Water Science, and Journalism students on the following sorts of topics....
- INTERNATIONAL Field Assistants - Lima and Ayacucho Province, PeruApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: Lima Province PeruFounded in December 2014, the Centro de Competencias del Agua (CCA) is a non-profit institution focused on the development of research and innovation projects in the field of integrated management of water resources, and the training of talents.
Field Assistants – support CCA scientists in continuing examination of climate change impacts on highland communities, especially in Ayacucho province.
- INTERNATIONAL Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Officer - Swaziland, TshaneniApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: Tshaneni SwazilandRMI is seeking an enthusiastic and resourceful student intern to support in the design and implementation of rural development projects for farmers in Swaziland. The intern will be embedded into a sugar scheme and will work along RMI staff and the Farmer’s Federation.
- VOLUNTEER Programme Volunteer, South West - A chance to have fun, try new activities and to have your own adventuresEmployer: Youth Adventure TrustApplication closing date: 1 Jul 2019Location: Wiltshire, Wales, Dorset, Gloucestershire South West - all counties United KingdomVolunteers needed to help out on adventure camps and activity days for vulnerable young people aged 11 - 16yrs old.
As a Programme Volunteer you will work with groups of up to 10 young people alongside other volunteers, trained members of staff and activity instructors.
You will ensure the welfare and organisation of the young people, help them to get involved and overcome issues, encourage and support their social relationships and help guide your team to work together.