Apply for an arts, heritage and creative industries opportunity
If you would like to volunteer for an Arts, Heritage and Creative Industries opportunity, please apply by following the links below:
- VOLUNTEER Student Project 1: Conservation & Community Engagement - Wildlife Conservation, Science Comms, Film Making, Social Geography,Arts,JournalismEmployer: Bristol Fish ProjectApplication closing date: 25 Oct 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomStudent project in the context of Bristol Fish Project's current focus on the European eel, gathering audio and visual records of 'eel stories'. These stories will then be presented in a creative format, online and/or via other media, to increase public engagement with eels and eel conservation.
Skills (to be developed): Communication, film making, social media, community engagement, outreach
- VOLUNTEER Fashion Specialist/Identifying high quality and highly desirable items, BristolEmployer: Oxfam Shop - CliftonApplication closing date: 15 Nov 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomWe are very lucky to receive a lot of amazing donations from our wonderful donors. We are looking for people with a passion for clothing and accessories to help us sort and sell them. Can you spare a few hours a month to help us?
- Identifying high quality and highly desirable items
- Researching items
- Pricing items
- Creating eye catching seasonal displays
- Stock refresh
- Quality control
- Helping us design, prepare for and deliver events - in the shop and beyond
- VOLUNTEER - Code Club Support, - teach children 9-13 years old, 1hr pw/6 weeks, how to program - no need to know coding , as training can be givenEmployer: Code ClubApplication closing date: 7 Dec 2018Location: Bath, Bristol, Gloucester South West - Somerset United Kingdom.. support a local after-school Code Club for approx 1 hour per week for min 6 weeks?
... the teacher is the host for the club and is responsible for behaviour and discipline within the school. Your role as a student volunteer is to help facilitate the clubs smooth running, helping the children complete the projects by encouraging the children to be their own problem solvers. We want you to join in the fun by sharing your skills to help them make computer games, animations and websites.
- VOLUNTEER - Visitor Services, Aviation History - BristolEmployer: Aerospace BristolApplication closing date: 31 Dec 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomAerospace Bristol is a new attraction celebrating Bristol's rich aviation history. Our volunteers play a fundamental role in our success. This is a hugely exciting time to join the team to help us enhance the visitor experience.
- VOLUNTEER - Pottery Class Assistant to help Adults with Learning Disabilities - BristolEmployer: The Hive (Avon) LtdApplication closing date: 31 Dec 2018Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomPottery Class Assistants will help our members with learning disabilities to make, shape and paint pottery items where necessary.
- VOLUNTEER - Furniture/Admin/Shop Display - do you have an eye for detail and enjoy creating something beautiful? - Bristol Employer: St Peter's HospiceApplication closing date: 30 Apr 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomJoin us in our new Furniture and Home shop in Brislington, Bristol.
St Peter's Hospice provides specialist palliative care to patients and support for their families; in the community, at our Day Hospice and in our In patient Unit. Our shops raise vital funds for patient care.
- VOLUNTEER Play Team Office Support , Bristol Application closing date: 14 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting, busy and varied role supporting the Play Team Operations Coordinator with office duties in all aspects such as answering queries, filing, data entry and producing simple resources.
- VOLUNTEER Events Support , BristolApplication closing date: 14 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting, busy and varied role supporting the Events Coordinator with both the in house and off-site events run by Children’s Scrapstore. This will include helping to create session programs, scheduling, room booking, advertising, and supporting session delivery in the Play Room.
- VOLUNTEER Shop Support/varied role supporting the Artshop , BristolApplication closing date: 14 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting, busy and varied role supporting the Artshop in the daily running of retail procedures and customer service. This will include assisting customers, demonstrating craft activities with our products and the use of scrap material, stock control and visual merchandising.
- VOLUNTEER Warehouse Support/assisting with the organization of scrap material, processing scrap resources + general warehouse operations , BristolApplication closing date: 15 Sep 2019Location: Bristol South West - Bristol United KingdomThis is an exciting, busy and varied role supporting the Children’s Scrapstore in the daily running of its warehouse. This will include assisting with the organization of scrap material, processing scrap resources, and general warehouse operations. It will require creativity, practicality and effective communication skills with both internal departments and external customers of all ages.