UWE Bristol Undergraduate Internship Scheme
The summer 2019 scheme will launch on Wednesday 20 March 2019. This is an opportunity for UWE Bristol undergraduates to gain valuable work experience in a range of employment sectors over the summer period.
As well as gaining valuable work experience, you’ll have the chance to build your skills and confidence and earn at least £300 a week.
Internships will last for ten weeks full time or 20 weeks part time.
Am I eligible?
- be a current UWE Bristol student on your Foundation, first, second or placement year on a BA, BSc, BArch, BEng, LLB, MArch or MEng course, who will be returning to your undergraduate studies in September 2019
- be a UK domicile student (International students may be interested in the International Talent Internship Scheme).
About the internship
- You’ll be paid a minimum of £300 per week, based on a 37-hour working week.
- Internships can start any time from Tuesday 28 May 2019. Please speak to the UWE Bristol Internships team if you wish to start an internship before this date.
- The latest available start date is Monday 8 July 2019.
- The latest date to confirm an internship with us is Friday 5 July 2019.
- Your internship must last ten weeks full-time or 20 weeks part-time.
- All internships must finish in time for you to return to study on Monday 16 September 2019.
- Your internship must be based in the UK.
- You can’t undertake an internship with an employer in a private company that you have previously worked for in any paid or unpaid capacity.
- If you have volunteered for a third sector organisation you may undertake an internship with them.
- You may only complete one UWE Bristol internship during the 2019 summer scheme.
- If you’re related to your internship provider you must declare this to us.
- Your internship may be subject to a site visit from members of UWE Bristol staff.
Benefits of an internship
Doing an internship will give you:
- valuable, high-quality work experience
- insight, knowledge and the opportunity to develop skills
- a competitive advantage in the job market
- the chance to build up a network of useful contacts
- increased confidence
- the challenge of applying knowledge gained during your studies
- an opportunity to broaden your career options through experiencing work in a sector not directly related to your degree
- the opportunity to work in full-time employment over the summer vacation period and earn at least £1,500
- the opportunity to win the UWE Bristol Intern of the Year Award, which is presented at our annual ‘Celebrating UWE Bristol Talent’ prize giving ceremony
- a contribution towards the UWE Bristol Futures Award.
Applying for internships
Vacancies will be posted on InfoHub (login required), which eligible students may apply for.
To view opportunities, log in to InfoHub and then:
- select ‘Type of work’
- choose ‘UWE Internship Schemes’
- click ‘Find vacancies’
- view the list internships that appear, and look for opportunities that include ‘UWE Bristol Undergraduate Internship Scheme 2019’ in the job title.
You may also find your own internship by approaching companies speculatively or using your existing contacts and networks. Once you’ve found somewhere, the company should contact the Internships Team to formalise the arrangement. You can read further information about making speculative applications below.
CV and interview help
If you need help with your CV, covering letter or interview preparation, you can use our online resources to check the standard of your CV (InfoHub login required). If you have any concerns you can submit your CV via the ‘My Questions’ function in InfoHub for feedback. You can also book a CV feedback appointment.
Frequently asked questionsView frequently asked questions
Contact the UWE Bristol Internships Team
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of the team on +44(0)117 32 85353.