UWE Bristol Undergraduate Internship Scheme
This is an opportunity for UWE Bristol undergraduates to gain valuable work experience in a range of employment sectors over the summer period.
UWE Bristol Undergraduate Internship Scheme 2020
In line with the latest advice from the UK Government and the prevention of Covid-19, we’re moving our Careers and Enterprise provision online and staff will be working remotely. This means we will need to postpone and review our internship schemes.
We hope to be able to offer a revised internship scheme by the end of April and all eligible students will be contacted in due course.
Please refer to our Careers and Enterprise web pages for help and resources.
Am I eligible?
- be a current UWE Bristol student on your Foundation, first, second or placement year on a BA, BSc, BArch, BEng, LLB, MArch or MEng course, who will be returning to your undergraduate studies in September 2020
- be a UK domicile student (International students may be interested in the International Talent Internship Scheme).
About the internship
- You’ll be paid a minimum of £322.64 per week, based on a 37-hour working week.
- Internships can start any time from Tuesday 26 May 2020. Please speak to the UWE Bristol Internships team if you wish to commence an internship prior to this date.
- The latest available start date is Monday 6 July 2020.
- The latest date to confirm an internship with UWE Bristol is Friday 26 June 2020.
- The duration of the internship is 10 weeks full-time or 20 weeks part-time.
- All internships must finish in time for you to return to study on Monday 14 September 2020.
- The internship must be based in the UK.
- You cannot undertake an internship with an employer in a private company that you have previous worked for in any paid or unpaid capacity.
- If you have volunteered for a third sector organisation you may undertake an internship with them.
- You may only complete one UWE Bristol internship during the 2020 summer scheme.
- If you are related to or have an existing relationship with your internship provider you must declare this to us.
- Your internship may be subject to a site visit from members of UWE Bristol staff.
Benefits of an internship
- Valuable, high-quality work experience.
- Insight, knowledge and the opportunity to develop skills.
- A competitive advantage in the job market.
- The chance to build up a network of useful contacts.
- Increased confidence.
- The challenge of applying knowledge gained during your studies.
- An opportunity to broaden your career options through experiencing work in a sector not directly related to your degree.
- The opportunity to work in full-time employment over the summer vacation period and earn at least £3,226.40.
- The opportunity to win a prize in the form of the 'UWE Bristol Intern of the Year' award, which is presented at our annual ‘Celebrating UWE Bristol Talent’ prize giving ceremony.
- Your internship will contribute towards the UWE Bristol Futures Award.
Applying for internships
Vacancies will be posted on InfoHub (login required), which eligible students may apply for.
Log in to InfoHub to view Undergraduate Internships for 2020. Once logged in:
- select ‘Type of work’
- then select ‘UWE Internship Schemes’
- click ‘Find vacancies’
- a list of internships will appear, look for those opportunities that include ‘UWE Bristol Undergraduate Internship Scheme 2020' in the job title.
You may also find your own internship by approaching companies speculatively or using your existing contacts and networks. The company should then contact the Internships Team to formalise the arrangement. Further information about making speculative applications can be found in the FAQs.
CV and interview help
If you need help with your CV, covering letter or interview preparation, you can use our online resources to check the standard of your CV (InfoHub login required), and if you have any questions you can submit your CV via the ‘My Questions’ function in InfoHub for feedback. You can also book a CV feedback appointment.
Frequently asked questionsView frequently asked questions
Contact the UWE Bristol Internships Team
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or contact one of the team on +44(0)117 32 85353.