Further study can enhance your job prospects, particularly if you need to develop specific knowledge and skills related to your chosen career. Carefully consider your motivation for further study and research the different study options available.
Why choose further study?
Popular reasons for further study include gaining professional qualifications, retraining for a new career, standing out in the job market and wanting to study a subject in more depth. When weighing up the potential benefits of postgraduate study, a key question to ask yourself is "How will I benefit from taking this course?"
It could be any of the following:
- You enjoy the subject
- The qualification is a prerequisite for your chosen career
- You want to convert to a new career area
- It will help you to stand out from the crowd
Our further study resources on the Career Toolkit contain information to help you to explore your options including:
- postgraduate study
- conversion courses.
- applying for further study
- studying overseas
- funding further study
- advice for international students.
- Find out more about postgraduate study at the University.
- Come along to one of our Postgraduate and Professional Open Events.
- Discover what postgraduate funding is available to you.
Get in touch with UWE Bristol Careers services
We are here to support you with your career goals. Contact us if you need help or advice.