Developing skills employers want
You may have developed skills and attributes that employers are looking for through a variety of sources including your studies, work, volunteering, hobbies or other parts of your life. Use our resources to help learn what employers are looking for and how to demonstrate your own skills and attributes.
Resources and support with developing your skills
Log in to InfoHub and view the Careers Toolkit and Resources tab to read all the information you need to build upon and demonstrate your skills and attributes including:
- What employers are looking for.
- Graduate skills and competencies.
- Transferable skills from your degree.
- How to demonstrate employability skills.
- How to demonstrate specific skills like commercial awareness, problem solving, communication skills etc.
- Developing enterprise skills – get involved with enterprise at UWE Bristol and get advice on self-employment.
- Prospects Graduate Careers – the skills and competencies that employers want, and how to relate them to graduate vacancies.
- International students skills – how to promote your skills as an international student.
- Developing legal skills – law students can gain a competitive edge with potential employers by self-certifying in Lexis Library and Westlaw and completing the JustCite Proficiency Test to prove that they have the skills required to be an effective legal researcher.
- Developing financial markets skills – postgraduate and undergraduate students of finance can gain a competitive edge with potential employers through nationally recognised certification in Datastream.
Get in touch with UWE Bristol Careers services
We are here to support you with your career goals. Contact us if you need help or advice.