Student using a laptop in the library

Contract information

Key information about your accommodation contract with the University.

University-managed accommodation

If you are allocated UWE Bristol managed accommodation, you will be sent an email with a link to your online offer. This is a legally binding contract and sets out terms and conditions of your residency. Please take the time to read this document.

The following list is not exhaustive, but gives you an overview of some of the main points:

  • The licence runs for a full 40–45 week period (depending on the property) which includes Christmas and Easter breaks, so there is no need to vacate during these periods.
  • If you leave the University, you are required to give written notice and also leave your accommodation (refer to the terms and conditions of your licence).
  • If you wish to leave your accommodation but are not leaving the University, you remain liable for the accommodation fees unless a replacement student has signed a new licence for your room. The replacement student is only eligible if they do not have an accommodation contract with UWE Bristol or Unite Students already.

Notice letter

If you wish to leave your accommodation, you must complete an accommodation Notice Letter.

The conditions for being released from your licence are contained in Section 8 of our terms and conditions.

Accommodation documents

Helpful information to support your time in University accommodation. Includes our Residents' guide – which details the support services we offer, a cleaning rota template and guidance on keeping the peace. View accommodation documents.

City centre accommodation

Marketgate, Nelson Drake House, Transom House, Blenheim Court and Phoenix Court are managed by Unite. For details of terms and conditions, please contact UNITE on directly.

Find out more about accommodation at UWE Bristol

Back to top