Group of students chatting in a common area in Wallscourt Park student accommodation

Contract information

If you move into University-managed accommodation, you’ll have a contract with us, which is legally binding. We’ll email this to you when we send you your accommodation offer.

The contract sets out the terms and conditions  of your residency. Please take the time to read these carefully.

Here’s a summary of some of the main points you need to be aware of:

  • Your rental agreement is for 40 to 45 weeks (depending on the property). This includes Christmas and Easter breaks, so you won’t need to vacate your room during the holidays.
  • If you leave the University, you need to give written notice (by completing a notice letter) and leave your accommodation.
  • If want to leave your accommodation but aren’t leaving the University, you’ll still need to pay the rent, unless a replacement student signs a new contract for your room.  The replacement student is only eligible if they don’t have an accommodation contract with UWE Bristol or Unite Students already.
  • See section 8 of the terms and conditions for the rules around being released from your rental agreement.

City centre accommodation

Our city centre accommodation is managed by both Unite Students and Host Students. For details of their terms and conditions, please email:
Unite Students (Marketgate, Nelson & Drake House, Blenheim Court and Phoenix Court) -
Host Students (Transom House) -


Back to top