Student and her father packing things into a car outside of university accommodation

Withdrawing from the University

You can permanently withdraw from your studies at any point in an academic year.

However, you may still be liable to pay some or all of your fees if you permanently withdraw. Our Fees and funding section provides further information, including details of our Student Money Service.

If you have made the decision to permanently withdraw you should:

  1. book an appointment with a Student Support Adviser, then
  2. contact an Information Point to request a form.
  3. if you're living in UWE Bristol accommodation, seek advice from Accommodation Services
  4. read our Council Tax FAQs to find out what your liability will be once you withdraw.

We will action the official withdrawal after we have received your form. The date we record will be the day that we received the form.

If you have completed enough credits to be eligible for an interim award (eg CertHE or DipHE), you can request it when you notify us of your withdrawal. Your eligibility for an award is shown in the ‘Results & notification of credit and assessment marks’ tab within myUWE.

Students at UK partner colleges

You should follow the same process if you are a student based at one of our UK partner colleges. You can also seek guidance from staff at your college.

Students on an ITE or PGCE Education course

If you wish to withdraw from an ITE or PGCE Education course, you will need to contact your Programme Leader in the first instance.

International students

If you are an international student, making any change to your course will have implications on your immigration status and the completion of your studies. Please contact the Immigration and Student Visa Support Service if you would like to discuss any issues.

Back to top