Reasons for changing
You may be considering suspending, transferring or withdrawing for a number of reasons, such as:
- the programme of study is different from your expectations
- you are missing your home and friends
- you are having difficulty coping financially
- you have become interested in one particular part of a programme of study and want to specialise in that area
- personal health or family problems which make it difficult or impossible to continue studying.
All of these are perfectly good reasons for wanting to make a change. However, you may be able to resolve some of these issues without having to take as big a step as changing your programme or university, or even leaving higher education completely.
Advice and support
You should always discuss your situation with a Student Support Adviser as there may be other options open to you.