How to change your modules
View guidance on how to change your module choices.
Students will have an opportunity to request to change their option modules at the beginning of each relevant study period. The next opportunity will be: 12:00 on Wednesday 4 September 2019 to 00:00 on Sunday 6 October 2019.
Criteria for requesting to change a module
- You cannot request to change a compulsory module.
- Some modules have restricted availability so requests to change are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
- Once an option is full you will not be able to select it, and therefore you will have to make another choice.
- Requests to change a module will only be considered if it does not result in a clash with other modules on your timetable.
- Any approved changes will usually show on your timetable within two workings days of your request, but can take slightly longer in some cases.
- If your request to change is approved and you subsequently change your mind, please note that your original module selection may now be full and therefore no longer available.
- Please note that there are no optional modules at foundation programmes and at Level 1 for first year students.
How to request a change
You must continue to follow your original timetable until your module change request has been approved. Once approved, your timetable in myUWE will be automatically updated.
If we are unable to accommodate your module change request, an email will be sent to your UWE Bristol email account.
How to change your group-taught teaching activities
If you are eligible, you can request to change your timetable. Eligible students will be able to amend their timetables from 12:00 on Wednesday 4 September 2019 to 00:00 on Sunday 6 October 2019.