How to choose your modules
View guidance on when you next need to make module choices.
When to select your modules
Keep checking this page for guidance on when you next need to make choices.
How to change your modules
You'll have an opportunity to request to change their option modules at the beginning of each relevant study period. The next opportunity will be from 12:00 noon on Monday 7 January to 12:00 midnight on Sunday 3 February 2019.
In order to maximise the learning experience with subject experts, it's important that numbers on choice modules are carefully managed. Changes to module choices aren't permitted in the following programmes:
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Learning Disability)
- BSc (Hons) Midwifery
Criteria for requesting to change a module
- You can't request to change a compulsory module.
- Some modules have restricted availability so requests to change are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once an option is full, you won't be able to select it – so you'll have to make another choice.
- A request to change a module will only be considered if it doesn't result in a clash with other modules on your timetable.
- Any approved changes will show on your timetable within five workings days of your request.
- If your request to change is approved and you subsequently change your mind, your original module selection may now be full and therefore no longer available.
- There are no optional modules at level one for first year students.
How to request a change
You must continue to follow your original timetable. If we have been able to accommodate your module change request this will appear on your timetable. It is your responsibility to continue to check your timetable.
If we're unable to accommodate your module change request an email will be sent to your UWE Bristol email account.
How to change your group-taught teaching activities
If you're eligible, you can request to change your timetable. Eligible students will be able to amend their timetables from 12:00 noon on Monday 7 January to 12:00 midnight on Sunday 3 February 2019.
You can get additional guidance from our frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions and would like to speak to a Student Support Adviser, please book an appointment via an Information Point.