Prior Certificated Learning/Accredited Learning (AL) application

Details of when to complete the Prior Certificated Learning/Accredited Learning (AL) application.

The University defines Prior Certificated Learning (PCL) or Accredited Learning (AL) as learning which has been “…accredited or otherwise certificated by an institution of higher education, including the University of the West of England, or other external body’’.

You should complete the Accredited Learning application form if you are:

  • Applying to the University for the first time and you already have some PCL/AL which you have achieved at another institution and which you think could be recognised towards the programme you are applying for.
  • Already registered on a programme at UWE Bristol and you are seeking recognition of some PCL/AL as part of an internal transfer*. In this case the PCL/AL may have been achieved:
    • At UWE Bristol (internal PCL/AL).
    • Externally (external PCL/AL).
    • Both at UWE Bristol and at another institution (both internal and external PCL/AL).
  • Already registered on a programme at UWE Bristol and you now think you may have some PCL/AL which could be recognised against the programme on which you registered.

*If you are seeking an internal transfer you will also need to complete a separate internal transfer form.

Course specifications

View information about the courses that we run:

Back to top