Consent for third party representation

Find out what you need to do to have someone act on your behalf during an appeal.

How do I appoint someone to act on my behalf?

It is preferable for you to handle your application for an appeal yourself but, if you are not able to do so, you may appoint a third party to act as your agent or representative.

To submit an appeal application with someone acting on your behalf you must:

  • Complete a Third Party Consent form, ensuring the required information is included. The original copy of this form will need to be posted to the Complaints and Appeals Team at the address below along with the Nominee Application form. Both forms must be received within ten working days from the official publication date of your results.
  • The Nominee Application Form can be completed electronically but must be printed and signed and forwarded to:

Complaints and Appeals Team
Student and Academic Services
Frenchay Campus
Coldharbour Lane
Bristol, BS16 1QY

You will need to brief your representative, and it is their responsibility to keep you fully informed. The Complaints and Appeals Team must have the written authorisation to communicate with someone on your behalf and will liaise solely with your designated representative. The team will not correspond with both the representative and the student.

Once the application has been processed, the nominee will be sent an acknowledgement email with a copy of the appeal form. They must check the copy of the application and save a copy for their records.

Back to top