Aims and objectives
The main aim of the partnership is to establish a sustainable network and long-term research collaboration between the UK and China in the area of novel cutting edge technologies (bio-sensors) for food/feed quality and safety.
Project specific objectives for 2009 - 2013
- To organise two UK/China workshops with involvement of academic institutions, industry, end-users, policy-makers and government agencies.
- To exchange early-career researchers between the UK and China in order to promote knowledge exchange, to access facilities, provide training, and to conduct pilot collaborative studies.
- To develop a long-term programme for exchange of early-career and experienced researchers.
- To develop a programme for long-term collaborative research and networking (including the development of collaborative research proposals targeting the UK, Chinese and European funding bodies).
- To develop the partnership website and to disseminate outcomes of partnership activities.