Public engagement map: report to the science for all expert group
In 2009 the Science Communication Unit undertook research commissioned by the National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement and reporting to the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills producing a public engagement map.
The report produced from this work contributed to the final report and action plan of the Science For All Expert Group.
The mapping work explored issues including:
- Who is involved in public engagement?
- What form does public engagement take?
- Where does public engagement take place?
- Why does public engagement happen?
- How does public engagement happen?
The full report Public Engagement Map: Report to the Science for All Expert Group produced by the Science Communication Unit and authored by Helen Featherstone, Karen Bultitude and Clare Wilkinson, details a number of these aspects.