Sci Comm South West Conference 21st June 2019
The South West is a hub for science communication, with a wide range of organisations contributing to the sector. The first Sci Comm South West conference offers an opportunity to celebrate the diversity of this expertise and reflect on the challenges we face.
Amid a backdrop of unparalleled social, political and environmental change, what can we, as a collective, do to foster a brighter future for the research and practice of science communication… and for society? And how does our regional hub fit within the global picture of science communication, and local, on-the-ground action?
Help shape the discussion by submitting your ideas for an innovative mix of workshops, as well as the chance to hear the perspectives from a range of South West organisations. Whilst we’d like to focus on the South West and Wales in particular, we welcome submissions from delegates based elsewhere.
The event will run from 10am-4.30pm (9am registration) and will include lots of opportunities to network and problem solve, with optional celebratory activities in the evening. Full details of our exciting conference programme will be published here shortly.
Follow developments at
Call for proposals
Want to shape the programme? Submit your ideas to one of three categories listed here and we’ll pick a selection that reflects the diverse interests of the community. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday 24th April.
Conference registration is open! (closes 14th June)
Ticket prices are on a sliding scale to allow as many people to attend as possible, including several bursary places (if you would like to be considered for a bursary place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). Payment details will be sent once you have completed the registration form.
Early bird rates (ends 15th April)
- Early bird: £40 (limited number of tickets available for full-time sci comm researchers and practitioners). Lunch and refreshments included.
- Early bird concessions: £20 (limited number of reduced-rate tickets for those on low incomes (<£15,000), unemployed, retired or students). Lunch and refreshments included.
- Full price: £50 (available to full-time sci comm researchers and practitioners) lunch and refreshments included.
- Student/concessions: £25 (reduced-rate tickets for those on low incomes (<£15,000), unemployed, retired or students). Lunch and refreshments included.
Cancellation and refund policy
In the event that you are unable to attend the conference, please notifyas soon as possible. If we unable to reallocate your ticket, there will be associated fee penalties:
- withdrawal over two weeks in advance – no penalty
- between one and two weeks in advance - 50% of total fee
- less than one week in advance - no reimbursement of fee