Research Strategy 2020
UWE Bristol has launched its ambitious new 2030 strategy. The Research Strategy will be launched later this year, setting out in more detail the commitments we have made and the actions we will drive forward. Information on our existing Research Strategy is provided below.
The UWE Bristol Strategy 2020 describes our ambition for ‘Research with Impact’, one of four core themes, as:
“World-class performance in selected areas of research that meets the needs of our community, a sustainable economy and society and feeds the scholarship and enquiry that underpins our learning and teaching.”
Expanding on this, the objectives of our Research Strategy 2020 are:
- To advance knowledge, support sustainable economic growth and development, and enhance health, well-being and the environment.
- To achieve outstanding and far-reaching research impacts on business, government, the NHS and other stakeholders, communities and society.
- To enhance the recognition and profile of UWE Bristol nationally and internationally.
- To integrate research learning and teaching in order to attract students, enrich the student experience, support student retention and enhance graduate employability.
- To drive business and public engagement, innovation and enterprise support, and the role of UWE Bristol as an ‘anchor institution’ in the city-region and beyond.
- To enhance our capacity to recruit and retain high quality staff, and to promote employee engagement, career opportunities and job satisfaction.
Research Strategy documents
The documents below give further details on our strategy and objectives, partnerships, and impact:
- UWE Bristol Research Strategy 2020
- UWE Bristol Research Impact Strategy
- UWE Bristol Research Metrics