Researchers' Forum resources
The Researchers’ Forum Planning Group runs two development events per year for UWE Bristol researchers. Resources and materials from these events are available here.
Spring 2014 - Taking charge of your research career - Friday 23 May 2014
This event was a space for researchers from across UWE Bristol to get together and reflect on where they’re at in their career, where they might want to go, and how to get there.
- Event programme
- What does progression look like? - Summary of discussion about role differences and grading process.
- Dear Future Me slides - using the Vitae Researcher Development Framework to begin identifying areas for professional development and action planning.
What makes a good researcher - film clips
Senior academic colleagues with a proven track record as Principal Investigators will share their experiences and what, with hindsight, they’d advise their less experienced selves to do in order to build their research career:
1. Professor Glenn Lyons – Associate Dean (Research Knowledge and Exchange), Faculty of Environment and Technology
2. Professor Darren Reynolds – Professor of Health and Environment, Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
4. Question and Answer session with the panel