The Researchers’ Forum is an important platform for all staff for whom promotion issues are dealt with through the Research Review and Progression Panel (RRPP), including Research Associates, Research Fellows and Senior Research Fellows.
Objectives of the Researchers' Forum
The objectives of the forum are to:
- Provide a network for research staff to help ensure that they are fully informed about UWE Bristol's research and knowledge exchange policies, as well as Human Resources policies and other developments which affect them.
- Enable all research staff to share good practice and common issues across all faculties, departments and research centres.
- Provide a space to run development events specifically for research staff to support their career aspirations and be developed in research at UWE Bristol.
- Take forward issues to the University on behalf of staff on research grades.
The Researchers' Forum Planning Group comprises:
- Professor John Hancock (Researchers' Forum Convenor; Associate Head of Department (Research and Knowledge Exchange), Department of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences)
- Dr Helen Frisby (Researcher Development Manager, Graduate School, Research, Business and Innovation)
- Geraldine Scott (Organisation and Learning Development Consultant - Human Resources)
- Danni Sinnett (Associate Professor, Faculty of Environment and Technology)
- Toity Deave (Associate Professor, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences)
- Chukwuka Monyei (Research Fellow, Faculty of Business and Law)
- Fiona Crawford (Research Fellow, Faculty of Environment and Technology)
- Julia Scott-Stevenson, Research Fellow, Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
- Simon Moreton, Senior Research Fellow, Arts Creative Industries and Education.
For further information about the Researchers Forum, please contact one of the Planning Group members above.
Researchers' Forum resources
The Researchers’ Forum Planning Group runs two development events per year for UWE Bristol researchers. View resources and materials from these events.