Research ethics policies, procedures and guidance
COVID-19: Human participant research and research ethics - important information.
Policies and procedures
- University policy on research ethics
- Operating procedures for the review of student projects
- Ethical approval appeal process
- Applying for retrospective ethics approval
- The Human Tissue Quality Management system
- University safeguarding policy
- Data Protection Standard for Research - incorporating GDPR (staff login required)
- GDPR templates - privacy notices, participant information sheets and consent forms
- Use of animals in research
- Children and young people
- Evaluation studies and evaluation research
- Projects without human participants
- Security sensitive research
- Social media research
- Research sponsorship
- Association of Internet
Ethics guides produced by AoIR, an academic association committed to ensuring that research on and about the internet is conducted in an ethical manner.
DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
This service helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children.
- ESRC Framework for Research Ethics
The requirements for ethical compliance for all EU-funded research.
- UK Data
The UK's largest collection of social and economic data (acquisition, curation and access provider).
- NHS Health Research Authority (HRA)