PhD Studentship Opportunities in the Faculty of Environment and Technology
There is an opportunity to apply for funded full time PhDs in the Faculty of Environment and Technology, UWE Bristol.
The expected start date of these studentships is 1 January 2017.
The closing date for applications is Monday 24 October.
The University funding will cover 50% of the annual tuition fees and annual stipend. The remaining 50% will be generated from an external organisation willing to sponsor the research project for 3 years.
Funding for the following projects have already been confirmed (subject to contract):
- Development and evaluation of a novel, rapid/portable electrochemical sensing system for measurement of metal ions in water. REF: FET01
- Novel multimode metal oxide sensors for detection of explosives. REF: FET02
- The analysis of wear mechanism and the impact of tool geometry in machining Zirconia Dental Crowns. REF: FET03
- Analytics for ‘Weak Signal’ Appreciation in Assessing Resilience of Urban Water Systems. REF: FET04
In addition we have potential funding for the following two projects:
- Property level flood resilience
- Water resilience in the city: underserved citizen participation and behaviour change through Nature Based Solutions.
The studentship is available from 1 January 2017 for a period of three years, subject to satisfactory progress and includes a tax exempt stipend, which is currently £14,296 per annum.
In addition, full-time tuition fees will be covered for up to three years (Home/EU rates only). Overseas applicants will be required to cover the difference between Home/EU and the overseas tuition fee rates in each year of study.
Applicants must have a good honours degree (2.1 or equivalent).
A recognised English language qualification is required.
How to apply
Please submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 24 October.
If it is not possible to submit your application via email, you may post your application to the following address:
UWE Graduate School
University of the West of England
Please be aware your application needs to arrive by the deadline date so please allow extra days for posting.
Please complete and return the following forms:
Each of your referees must complete and return the following reference form to you as part of your application:
Please consult the application Guidance notes when completing the above forms.
Please note: When submitting 'supporting documents' electronically, please ensure that all scanned documents are saved in black and white so that the size of the document is kept to a minimum.
Interviews will take place on 25 November 2016. If you have not heard from us by 25 November 2016, we thank you for your application, but on this occasion you have not been successful.