Studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School
Learn more about studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School below.
How studentships work
A studentship will usually cover tuition fees for three years as well as pay the student a stipend for three years, paid monthly. The project area and sometimes the project itself will already be decided and you will need to submit your application by the set deadline.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview and following the interview, the successful candidate(s) will be awarded the studentship.
The Graduate School is delighted to announce the availability of PhD studentships in the following faculties, which will be awarded to high-calibre graduates in the areas of research excellence detailed.
Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
- The Role of Independent Cinema in the Age of On-demand Culture: South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership Collaborative Doctoral Award with Watershed Cinema Deadline for Expressions of Interest 3 January 2019
- South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership - student-led PhD studentship opportunities Deadline for applications 18 January 2019
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
- “Sniffing out” Prostate Cancer non-invasively using urine volatiles Deadline for applications 5 November 2018
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Health and Wellbeing pathway Deadline for applications 29 January 2019
Faculty of Business and Law
- An opportunity for fully-funded PhD studentships is currently being offered by the Faculty of Business and Law. Deadline for applications 1 October 2018
Faculty of Environment and Technology
- B-hive - PhD Co-funded Studentship (50%) Deadline for applications 19 November 2018
- The role of urban tree species, health and vigour in their delivery of ecosystem services Deadline for applications 21 January 2019
- Blockchain techniques for shared collaborative project planning in secure environments Deadline for applications 23 January 2019
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Sustainable Futures pathway Deadline for applications 29 January 2019
If there are no suitable studentships in your research area you have the opportunity to put forward your own research proposal on a self-funding basis. This includes if you are being sponsored by an organisation external to UWE Bristol such as your employer. You may also be eligible for the UK government Postgraduate Doctoral Loan.
For further information and how to apply, please see research degrees at UWE Bristol.
Recently closed opportunities in all faculties
- Immersive BIM-based approach for Furniture, Fixture and Equipment (FFE) Design for Buildings Closed 11 November 2018
- Cell Fate following DNA Closed 31 October 2018
- A novel anti-bacterial titanium technology for total joint arthroplasty Closed 25 October 2018
- Development of in-situ, real-time, affinity-based biosensor for monitoring release of stress markers within bioreactors Closed 31 August 2018
- Implementation of a fluorescence based sensor for improved understanding of water catchment quality as a function of land use Closed 31 July 2018
- Development of small scale, low-cost, energy efficient biofilter systems for water treatment Closed 31 July 2018
- Association between periodontal disease and diabetic foot ulcers Closed 3 August 2018
- Funded PhD Opportunities in Digital Design, Digital Media and Digital Arts Closed Monday 4 June 2018
- An investigation of the chemistry of a new type of light emitting sensors for the detection of explosives and for medical diagnostics studentship Closed Monday 28 May 2018
- Centre for Appearance Research (CAR) PhD studentships Closed Friday 15 June 2018
- Digital Audio Synthesis and Control using GPUs Closed 6th June 2018
- Heritage in the cross-fire; ballistic-impact driven stone deterioration Closed 25 April 2018
- Robot-assisted brachytherapy Closed 16 April 2018
- HP Inc. UK LTD funded PhD Scholarship Bursary at the Bristol Robotics Laboratory (BRL) in 3D Object Identification and Inspection Closed 28 March 2018
- One Shot Printed Multi-Digit Manipulator Closed 28 March 2018
- Funded 3D3 PhD Opportunities in Digital Design, Digital Media and Digital Arts Closed 12 March 2018
- Digital Transformations: The History and Future of Gallery Education in the Context of Participatory Media Closed 12 March 2018