Studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School
Learn more about studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School below.
How studentships work
A studentship will usually cover tuition fees for three years as well as pay the student a stipend for three years, paid monthly. The project area and sometimes the project itself will already be decided and you will need to submit your application by the set deadline.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview and following the interview, the successful candidate(s) will be awarded the studentship.
The Graduate School is delighted to announce the availability of PhD studentships in the following faculties, which will be awarded to high-calibre graduates in the areas of research excellence detailed.
Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
There are no current opportunities in this Faculty.
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
- The role of value based health and care in managing life-limiting conditions - deadline for applications 30 April 2020
- Views on incontinence care in care homes: an exploration (VOICE) - deadline for applications 31 May 2020
Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Business and Law studentships - deadline for applications 23 March 2020
Faculty of Environment and Technology
- A fully-funded PhD Studentship: Robotic Brachytherapy - deadline for applications 15 April 2020
If there are no suitable studentships in your research area you have the opportunity to put forward your own research proposal on a self-funding basis. This includes if you are being sponsored by an organisation external to UWE Bristol such as your employer. You may also be eligible for the UK government Postgraduate Doctoral Loan.
For further information and how to apply, please see research degrees at UWE Bristol.
Recently closed opportunities in all faculties
- A fully-funded PhD Studentship: UWE Computer Science Research Centre and Airbus - closed 15 February 2020
- The study of bio-molecular interactions for the development of novel biological adhesives - Closed 31 January 2020
- South West and Wales 2 Doctoral Training Partnership (AHRC funded) - Closed 27 January 2020
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (ESRC funded) Sustainable Futures Pathway - Closed 21 January 2020
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (ESRC funded) Health and Wellbeing Pathway - Closed 21 January 2020
Development of low cost, small scale, energy efficient biofilm
systems for the treatment of agricultural wastes and remediation of
(BBRSC SWBio DTP CASE Studentship) - Closed 2 December 2019, applications via University of Bristol
- Autonomous Brachytherapy/Biopsy - Closed 28 November 2019
- The development of antisense morpholino oligonucleotides for the treatment of cancer - Closed 22 October 2019
- Designing effective strategies for bats for the mitigation of infrastructure development - Closed 21 October 2019
- Views On Incontinence Care in care homes – an Exploration (VOICE) - Closed 7 November 2019
- Electronic noses for the Internet of Things Closed 18 October 2019
- Robot Teleoperation - Closed 3 November 2019
- Development of a bearing staking calculation tool - Closed 20 October 2019
- Developing a strategic model for bat conservation legislation and planning - applications of ecological modelling, mapping and spatial ecology for horseshoe bats Closed 1 August 2019
- Towards a self-steering conversational agent - "chatbot" - Closed 28 July 2019
- Taxonomic and functional genomic investigation of soil microorganisms associated with Acute Oak Decline Closed 17 June 2019
- Fully funded PhD studentship: Computer Science Research Centre and Techmodal Closed 19 June 2019
- Combining design thinking and systems engineering within industry Closed 22 July 2019