Studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School
Learn more about studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School below.
How studentships work
A studentship will usually cover tuition fees for three years as well as pay the student a stipend for three years, paid monthly. The project area and sometimes the project itself will already be decided and you will need to submit your application by the set deadline.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview and following the interview, the successful candidate(s) will be awarded the studentship.
The Graduate School is delighted to announce the availability of PhD studentships in the following faculties, which will be awarded to high-calibre graduates in the areas of research excellence detailed.
Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
There are no current opportunities in this Faculty.
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
- Oral microflora in patients with Type 2 diabetes and their response to oral formulations targeting periodontal complications Deadline for applications 24 April 2019
- Developing smart wound dressings Deadline for applications 6 May 2019
- Investigating the effects of non-thermal plasma and non-thermal millimetre wave energy for healthcare applications Deadline for applications 10 May 2019
Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Business and Law studentships Deadline for applications 23 May 2019
Faculty of Environment and Technology
- Part-funded studentships in the Engineering Modelling and Simulation Group Deadline for applications 15 April 2019
- Two Fully-Funded PhD Studentships: Computer Science Research Centre and Techmodal Deadline for applications 26 April 2019
If there are no suitable studentships in your research area you have the opportunity to put forward your own research proposal on a self-funding basis. This includes if you are being sponsored by an organisation external to UWE Bristol such as your employer. You may also be eligible for the UK government Postgraduate Doctoral Loan.
For further information and how to apply, please see research degrees at UWE Bristol.
Recently closed opportunities in all faculties
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Sustainable Futures pathway Closed 29 January 2019
- Clinical testing of a novel technology for accurate screening of diabetic foot ulcers and periodontal disease Closed 26 February 2019
- Developing new chemical based sensors for the detection of organic compounds (MPhil) Closed 3 March 2019
- Deep learning methods for social awareness in human-robot interaction Closed 10 February 2019
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Health and Wellbeing pathway Closed 29 January 2019
- South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership - student-led PhD studentship opportunities Closed 18 January 2019
- The role of urban tree species, health and vigour in their delivery of ecosystem services Closed 21 January 2019
- The Role of Independent Cinema in the Age of On-demand Culture: South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership Collaborative Doctoral Award with Watershed Cinema Expressions of Interest Closed 3 January 2019