Studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School
Learn more about studentship opportunities at UWE Graduate School below.
How studentships work
A studentship will usually cover tuition fees for three years as well as pay the student a stipend for three years, paid monthly. The project area and sometimes the project itself will already be decided and you will need to submit your application by the set deadline.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview and following the interview, the successful candidate(s) will be awarded the studentship.
The Graduate School is delighted to announce the availability of PhD studentships in the following faculties, which will be awarded to high-calibre graduates in the areas of research excellence detailed.
Faculty of Arts, Creative Industries and Education
- South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership - student-led PhD studentship opportunities Deadline for applications 18 January 2019
Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Health and Wellbeing pathway Deadline for applications 29 January 2019
- Developing new chemical based sensors for the detection of organic compounds (MPhil) Deadline for applications 15 February 2019
- Clinical testing of a novel technology for accurate screening of diabetic foot ulcers and periodontal disease Deadline for applications 26 February 2019
Faculty of Business and Law
There are no current opportunities in this Faculty.
Faculty of Environment and Technology
- South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP): Sustainable Futures pathway Deadline for applications 29 January 2019
- Deep learning methods for social awareness in human-robot interaction Deadline for applications 10 February 2019
- Part-funded studentships in the Engineering Modelling and Simulation Group Deadline for applications 15 April 2019
- Two Fully-Funded PhD Studentships: Computer Science Research Centre and Techmodal Deadline for applications 26th April 2019
If there are no suitable studentships in your research area you have the opportunity to put forward your own research proposal on a self-funding basis. This includes if you are being sponsored by an organisation external to UWE Bristol such as your employer. You may also be eligible for the UK government Postgraduate Doctoral Loan.
For further information and how to apply, please see research degrees at UWE Bristol.
Recently closed opportunities in all faculties
- The role of urban tree species, health and vigour in their delivery of ecosystem services Closed 21 January 2019
- The Role of Independent Cinema in the Age of On-demand Culture: South, West and Wales Doctoral Training Partnership Collaborative Doctoral Award with Watershed Cinema Expressions of Interest Closed 3 January 2019
- B-hive - PhD Co-funded Studentship (50%) Closed 19 November 2018
- Immersive BIM-based approach for Furniture, Fixture and Equipment (FFE) Design for Buildings Closed 11 November 2018
- “Sniffing out” Prostate Cancer non-invasively using urine volatiles Closed 5 November 2018
- Cell Fate following DNA Closed 31 October 2018
- A novel anti-bacterial titanium technology for total joint arthroplasty Closed 25 October 2018
- An opportunity for fully-funded PhD studentships offered by the Faculty of Business and Law. Closed 1 October 2018