UK Government Postgraduate Doctoral Loans
If you are a prospective UK or EU doctoral student, and you normally live in England, you may be able to apply for a UK Government Postgraduate Doctoral Loan to support your study at UWE Bristol.
- Loans are available up to £25,000, payable across the whole, or part, of your doctoral studies.
- Your programme must start on or after 1 September 2018 - the loan is not available to current doctoral students.
- The loan is available for postgraduate doctoral level awards at UWE Bristol, including PhDs and Professional Doctorates. The loan is not available for the doctorate 'by publication' route.
- The loan can be combined with funding from UWE Bristol or other sources, but not with Research Council funding, NHS funding or other direct government funding.
- Full details about the loan scheme, including details of loan payments and repayment, may be found on the UK Government website.
- A short, informative film about the loan can be found on the UCAS website.
- Full eligibility criteria may be found on the UK Government website.
How to apply
- You must have received an offer from UWE Bristol before completing the online application. View more information about the UWE Bristol Postgraduate Research application process.
- You can apply online using the Student Finance England portal.
- Please contact us, if you need any advice about selecting the appropriate programme when making an application.