Comprehensive overview of the sources of information, databases and help for law.
Databases for your subject
Search for journal articles, cases, legislation, forms & precedence, and other legal materials.
- Databases for law (including Westlaw UK, Lexis Library, Legal Journals Index, iLaw and PLC)
- Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations - Allows you to search for the meaning of abbreviations for English language legal publications from the British Isles, the Commonwealth, and the United States; including those covering international and comparative law.
Help for your subject
- Building Legal Information Skills (BLIS) - Tutorials to facilitate legal research, aimed at new law students. Also includes more advanced subject areas such as European Union law, official publications, legal reform, and dissertation research.
- Partner Institutions: Law Induction Workbook - An introductory guide to UWE Bristol legal resources for students at partner institutions outside of the UK.
- Law for Non-Lawyers workbook
- Study skills - Online advice and one-to-one support to help you study, including reading, writing, and note taking.
- Referencing - OSCOLA guides and tools.
- Study support events - Face-to-face workshops to help you develop your study skills.
- Maths, statistics, and numeracy support - Develop your skills in mathematics, statistics, or numeracy with online tutorials and advice, and one-to-one support.
- Academic Success Centre - Supporting the learning of all Faculty of Business and Law students.
Keeping up to date
Follow your Faculty Librarians and the UWE Bristol Library social media accounts: